International Organization for Migration, San José, Costa Rica
Closing Date for Applications:
Established in 1951, IOM is a related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is commited to a diverse and inclusive enviroment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
The following individuals can apply:
IOM Internal candidates (first-tiers),
External Candidates (second-tiers)
This positions is open to nationals from Costa Rica and/or legal residents in San Jose.
- This position is based in the Regional Office (RO) San Jose, Costa Rica, headed by the Regional Director (RD).
- The successful candidate will be an experienced person with demonstrated competence to contribute toward the success of the RD´s Office. The contract of services for this position is for six months. Moreover, please be informed that the first three months are considered as a probatory period, subject to a successful performance in order to complete the total contract´s length.
- Under the direct supervision of the RD, and in coordination with Senior Regional Resources Management Officer (SRRMO), the Web Developer and IT Support will be responsible for the following duties:
- Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Respond to technical and informational needs of the Caribbean Migration Consultations Coordinator to continue developing and improving the Caribbean Information Platform for Migration Governance.
- Recommend website performance and navigation improvements.
- Assist content manager and CMC coordinator in designing and dedicating appropriate space for new and changing media types and content delivery methods, including linking products to and creating online presence on social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter, and the CMC Blog.
- Assist ICT officer in technology and communications needs in the Regional Office.
- Installation and configuration of workstations.
- Installation and configuration of printing equipment.
- Maintenance of user accounts and access control permits.
- Maintenance of distribution lists, members and access control permits.
- Monitoring, control and execution of Backup Jobs for File Server and Exchange Server.
- Maintenance of the web services of the Regional Office.
- Search for solutions to technical problems in general.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Or 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience developing websites for international organizations or non-governmental organizations
- English (advantageous) and Spanish (Fluent).