UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, Integrity
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
As part of the global UNICEF initiative around improving emergency preparedness at the country office level, the UNICEF Lebanon Country Office (LCO) has developed operational guidelines for the rapid design and implementation of Emergency Cash Transfer (CT) Programs in response to displacement as a result of emergencies identified in the LCO Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP). While the LCO has an existing Cash MIS which handles multiple programs, it is not programmed to handle the specific business processes of the Emergency CT; these modules will have to be tweaked in order to serve these processes while a different database will be established with different structure and fields. The Emergency MIS will combine the UniSupply system developed by the Innovation Team within the LCO, which is used for QR Code based registration and distribution of current winter kits and cash programs, with the existing UNICEF LCO Cash MIS. Given that any Emergency CT will have to be implemented rapidly and likely without full staff capacity, the Emergency MIS, as a preparedness measure, should offset this by automating and simplifying the core processes of the program. The purpose of this assignment would be therefore to proceed to the tweaks and customization of the LCO Cash Management Information System (MIS) Web Application to respond to the processes established in the EPP - ECT Operational Manual.
Scope of Work:
The consultant will customize the Management Information System (MIS) – Web Application – of the Cash Transfer Programmes to accommodate the needs of the new Emergency Preparedness Plan programme. The activities will include but not limited to:
- Develop the targeting and registration modules (includes linking with other modules, developing new forms, APIs, etc..)
- Develop the Card and PIN distribution and reconciliation modules.
- Customize the payment and reconciliation modules
- Incorporate all requests/changes such as changes in database objects and relationships, system workflows, core modules if required, and other necessary and critical changes which impact the overall working functionalities of the MIS.
- Conduct thorough testing for the entire system and make necessary adjustments and fixing.
- Prepare technical documentation on the modifications made code-wise and database.
How can you make a difference?
- Development of Targeting and Registration module related to the EPP, based on requirements and wireframes in the functional requirements document.
- Develop the card and PIN distribution modules in the MIS which includes new APIs, forms, database modifications, under supervision of MIS officer.
- Develop the tracking of Card and PIN, which includes exporting files, create forms, and other
- Develop the card and PIN reconciliation module, which includes new forms, exporting files and reports, and other features as in FR document.
- Develop the card activation module, which includes new forms and exporting files and others.
- Any other development required in line with the operational manual.
- The targeting and Registration modules development finalized and tested under supervision of MIS officer.
- The MIS is able to send and receive card and PIN distribution commands, and conduct other requirements based on FR document
- The MIS is able to reconcile Cards and PIN distributions, display/export discrepancies and generate investigation reports.
- MIS generates and export card activation request form, based on requirements in the FR document.
- Database modifications
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in Computer Science or related field such as Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other engineering discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience with demonstrated results in the majority of the following areas: web application, Information Technology, Information Systems etc.
- Excellent software development skills with PHP.
- Proven database programming of SQL databases, MySQL or similar databases.
- Android Native application development using Java is an asset.