Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
Candidates from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
The Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) has been IOM’s main operational tool for tracking and monitoring the movements and evolving needs of displaced populations since 2004.
The DTM Support Team, based in headquarters, assembles expertise in operations and coordination, methodology and concept development, mapping and Geographic Information Systems, statistical analysis, database and application system development, and data and information management. The support team has been critical in providing remote and onsite support to DTM field implementation.
Under the overall supervision of the Global DTM Coordinator and Head of Preparedness and
Response Division (PRD), and the direct supervision of the Senior DTM Coordination Manager,
the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the development, enhancement, implementation, and maintenance of the DTM global online systems, in particular the DTM websites.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of and maintain the global DTM websites (globaldtm.info, displacement.iom.int, and migration.iom.int). The websites should be functional at under bandwidth constraint, compatible with all devices, integrate innovative and dynamic services, secured with robust permission and user access system, and linked/interoperable with other DTM global technology components especially with the Central Data Warehouse (CDW). The system should also take into consideration other robust systems that have been developed in field missions.
- Support in the development and implementation of auxiliary systems or extensions to the DTM global websites and technology components. This includes the implementation of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for data exchange and SOLR for faceted search, real-time indexing, dynamic clustering, and rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling.
- Support in the development and implementation of other web-based online systems for DTM
global and field implementation purposes as required.
- Participate in consultations with DTM support team members in headquarters and relevant DTM staff in the field for the identification and design of corresponding user interface requirements, workflows, and functionalities for systems described in previous points. As needed, create wireframes, storyboards and prototypes to propose options for implementation.
- In close coordination with ICT unit, support the relevant back-end ICT infrastructure management tasks related to the implementation of the DTM websites as required to facilitate security and protection of data and systems.
- Continuously research, suggest, develop, and implement enhancements and improvements so that systems are up to date and making the best use of the latest technological improvement for better performance.
- Draft and update corresponding system and functional documentation and user manuals for such systems as required. Provide relevant trainings to DTM and other relevant staff on the use, administration, and maintenance of the developed systems.
- Provide technical guidance and support on-site or remotely to DTM field implementation in identification of relevant solutions and requirements to web-based application needs in the field.
- Ensure adherence to IOM’s data protection principles, data governance policy, and data management best practice and ethical considerations, regarding collection, use, storage, disclosure and disposal of data, related to the implementation of DTM websites and other developed systems mentioned above.
- Perform such duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in in Information Management, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience in web development for DTM field implementation;
- Demonstrate the qualifications and proven experience in the web development using the latest technologies;
- Demonstrate relevant graphic design skills and technical implementation of effective user experience, user interface design principles and conceptual design.
- Knowledge of Bootstrap, jQuery and AngularJS;
- Knowledge of industry-standard design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.