Work to be performed
- Produce corporate and technical web content in Arabic, French, Chinese, Russian and Spanish, including emergencies and disease outbreaks sections;
- Assist in the coordination of translation requests for who.int and other channels;
- Keep track of emergencies-related web content published in English and liaise with the different Units in WHO to have it translated, produced and published on WHO site.
Output 1: Multilingual web production
- Produce web content (10-15 pages per language daily) in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish, using WHO Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Produce backlog web content in all languages as needed.
- Ensure the quality of produced pages in terms of Search Engine Optimization, proper use of tags within the CMS, and enrich web pages with relevant links in the language.
- Assist in producing web-optimized images for the above-mentioned languages, where needed.
Output 2: Translation coordination
- Assist with the coordination of translation for the WHO web site.
- Check regularly the status of translations in the Documents Tracking System for available translations in all languages, download and produce them.
Output 3: Reporting on deliverables
- Provide a weekly report on deliverables.
- Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
- Essential: First-level university degree in IT, languages, communication, administration or related discipline.
- Desirable: post-graduate degree in digital communications or public health.
Essential: At least two (2) years of professional experience in web production, including:
Experience working in multilingual environments;
- Experience in producing multilingual content for the web/print or other channels.
- Experience using a Content Management System, knowledge of CMS used by WHO is a plus.
- Desirable: Experience working in health or emergency communications. Knowledge of WHO mandate and goals.
- Solid experience in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Good experience in Graphic applications such as Photoshop;
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS, Analytics.
- Languages and level required
- Proficient in at least two WHO official languages.
- Knowledge of a third official language is desirable.
Location: The consultant will work onsite in WHO HQ, Geneva, Switzerland. All work is to be performed on site, unless specifically authorized by the supervisor.
Travel: No travel required.