Background Information - Job-specific
We are looking for experienced developer who can and likes to be involved in the entire software process from idea to production and likes to work on all layers in an application, from back-end to front-end. Under the supervision of the UNGM Development Team Lead and the UNGM Manager, the web/database developer will further develop the United Nations Global Marketplace, referred to as UNGM. The developer will be a part of a dynamic autonomous Agile Scrum team working closely together with the product owner. Emphasis is put on creative problem solving, collaboration with users, and fostering an active knowledge sharing environment.
- Systems Integration using Web API
- Implement solutions using Agile Scrum
- Source control
- Design Patterns
- Work in an international team with many different nationalities
- Participate actively as a team member to deliver added value
- Proactively solicit and discuss user feedback and support and extend applications as needed
- Perform other related duties as required
- The personnel is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS
Monitoring and Progress Controls
Delivers outputs within prescribed time, cost and quality standards meeting clients’ complete satisfaction based on performance indicators of success set by UNOPS. The incumbent undergoes performance evaluation conducted by the supervisor.
Final Product: Ensures that UNOPS’ service standards are maintained and strives for continuous improvement of these.
- Secondary Education is required
- University degree (Bachelors or Master's) in ICT/Communication/Physics/Mathematics or similar subject is desired and may substitute for some of the required years of experience
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in the field of software development preferably using Microsoft technologies
- Experience in building object-oriented applications is required, preferably using domain-driven design (DDD)
- Good knowledge of Web API, Unit testing and/or Integration testing is an advantage
- Experience with integration between systems is an asset
- Understanding of software requirements and proactively gather feedback is desired
- Experience with SCRUM or Agile methods is preferred
- Good communication skills are necessary
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Google Cloud Platform Products (AI, Data BigQuery, and Machine Learning) is an asset.
- Knowledge of the UN system and experience of working cross cultural and over practices is an asset
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of other UN language is an asset