The Ontario Council for International Cooperation (OCIC) is looking for a website design/development firm or organization to help migrate our current WordPress site to a new WP theme that could maintain most of the look and feel and functionality of the current site. On the new site, the designer/developer will help redesign and improve parts of the website, specifically the Membership Renewal setup, What We Do page redesign, and Event Board improvement. The designer/developer will work alongside OCIC to ensure that the new theme and design are accessible, user-friendly and mobile-friendly.
Your contribution will help OCIC to provide better services, communications, opportunities and resources to organizations, institutions and individuals working towards sustainable development in communities worldwide.
The ultimate goal for this project is to improve both the front and backend of the website to provide better user experience and services to our members and audiences. At the same time, we are putting emphasis on website accessibility, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and WCAG 2.0. 1 Key objectives include:
- to maintain most of the current clean look and feel of the OCIC website
- to resolves errors and glitches caused by the current theme and WP update clash
- to streamline our membership data collection and the annual membership renewal processes
- to improve the What We Do page to provide better user experience and to help our members and new users locate resources, programs and opportunities available
- to improve the user experience for the site’s Event Board
- to incorporate accessibility design and functions to the website to better comply with the AODA and WCAG 2.0 AA standards
The firm or organization is expected to work with OCIC:
- to determine and select a new WordPress theme
- to lead a secure website backup process and set up a staging site
- to complete plugin updates on the testing site, and provide any technical support during the project timeline
- to understand OCIC’s operational needs and improve the membership database functionalities on Formidable Forms, including report generation, tagging, automated renewal process, etc.
- to propose and implement a redesign for the What We Do page
- to materialize aspects of a UX design prototype prepared previously for OCIC for our Event Board (including event listing page and posting page)
- to incorporate recommendations and considerations for web accessibility, including conducting user testing with users with accessibility needs
- to conduct user testing on the testing site, with support from OCIC
- to provide guidance around web maintenance and sufficient documentation specifying how to create new content, upgrade program modules, troubleshooting tips, and admin functions
- to provide technical support at a co-determined level of minimum frequency after the project, for up to two years.