Women’s Economic Empowerement Coordinator
United Nations Development Programme, Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
Closing Date for Applications:
UN Women Country Office in Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking to recruit a Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Coordinator who will work under the direct supervision of Programme Specialist and overall supervision of UN Women Representative, and will be responsible for designing and implementing programmatic interventions in support to gender perspective in the economic processes and reforms in the country and direct efforts for women’s economic empowerment.
The WEE Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the colleagues in the related programmes and the operations team to ensure consistent delivery of results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implementation of WEE programmatic interventions
- In close consultation with partners, develop and manage implementation of activities;
- Oversee, monitor and technically resource implementation of consultancy contracts and agreements with the implementing partners;
- Draft Letters of Agreement, project plans, budgets, Terms of Reference for national and international consultants, experts/ institutions, and CSOs and supervise and evaluate their performance in delivering required outputs;
- Undertake close supervision of studies and analysis;
- Develop and update quarterly work plans and expenditure plans based on the agreed annual work-plan;
- Identify and obtain any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project;
- Ensure proper identification of and follow up with all relevant counterparts;
- Ensure project documentations/communication is properly done, tracking system is in place for effective project closure and any anticipated human resources changes on the project;
- Contribute to UN Women planning and reporting corporate requirements as requested by the supervisors;
WEE Technical Support
- Provide technical/expert support to UN Women implementing partners as well as consultants and collaborators, towards the achievement of intended results;
- Organize stakeholder coordination to ensure harmonization and sustainability of results;
- Foster strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in the field of economic development, entrepreneurship, gender equality and women’s economic empowerment;
- Identify and link to related ongoing activities within other institutions and encourage collaboration and synergies;
- Promote and advocate for the project in the media as agreed with supervisors;
- Undertake regular monitoring missions to ensure timely delivery and quality of results;
- Flags in a timely way issues of strategic concern and seeks advice by the supervisors in finding appropriate solutions;
- Be responsible for the timely collection of all baselines and setting the targets;
- Prepare deliverables and provide technical support and inputs as needed;
- All other technical tasks as agreed with the supervisors.
Reporting to UN Women
- Provide inputs for quarterly, annual and donor reports on the state of the implementation of the coordinated activities;
- Contribute to ensure project documentation/communication is properly done and tracking system is in place for effective project closure;
- Ensure adherence to the UN Women operating rules and procedures;
- Perform appropriate operations in ATLAS.
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data and resolve operational problems;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Ability to support a team and team building skills;
- Strong IT skills and ability to apply it consistently in work tasks;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations, organizational policies and procedures related to the position and ability to apply it consistently in work tasks;
- Focus on results and positive response to feedback;
- Attention to detail;
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches;
- Reports to internal and external partners in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet partners and donors needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners;
- Responds to partners needs promptly.
Required Skills and Experience
- MA degree in economics, social studies, or closely related field. BA with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of MA degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in similar positions is required. For candidates with MA, a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required;
- Demonstrated project experience will be highly valued as well as previous work and research on topics related to human rights, gender equality, entrepreneurship and women’s economic empowerment;
- Experience working on analytical or practical projects related to economic development is necessary and having a good understanding of economic position and empowerment of women in BIH;
- Experience with the international standards related to the Project Cycle Management and Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects;
- Previous experience working with international organizations will be considered an asset.
- Excellent English and B/S/C language skills, both written and oral and good translation skills. Short listed candidates will be tested in this field.