Under the direct supervision of the WFP Truck Fleet Manager the United Nations Youth Volunteer will perform the following tasks:
Responsible for the Workshop Management and oversight of all WFP fleet assets in Haiti; and co-ordinate these activities in accordance with the Procedures, Normative Guidelines and Business Rules as set by WFP.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Fleet Manager and in co-ordination with all Fleet staff, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
- Carry out Scheduled Maintenance & Repair, Overhaul, Reconditioning, Modifications, in a most efficient manner with the ultimate objective to ensure that all vehicles are maintained to a high standard and roadworthy condition.
- Responsible to oversee the Materials Management aspect of the operation and in particular the controlling, justification and issuance of Spare Parts, tires, lubricants & Consumable Materials.
- Responsible for forecasting and requisitioning of spare parts: Preparation of orders for spare parts / tires and materials required for the operation.
- Carefully record and maintain an Inventory list of all Tools & Workshop Equipment.
- Provide oversight and supervision to all staff and ensure that the work is carried out to a satisfactory standard as required by the Organization; including strict time-keeping and completion of timesheets.
- Involved in the control and cost effectiveness of the vehicles and prepare recommendations for write-offs, where necessary.
- Investigate means to constantly reduce the operational costs of the Fleet pertaining to maintenance activities.
- Responsible for the management of tires which include maintenance practices, controlling mechanisms and performance monitoring.
- Ensure that proper Workshop Administration, record keeping & vehicle History Records are well maintained via the Fleet Management System.
- Ensure that timely accurate data is entered into the FMS for the Repairs.
- Responsible to Manage and ensure that all reports and information as required by the Organization are produced promptly on a timely basis via FMS. Additionally analyze information and quality of reports prior to distribution.
- Responsible for the Management of Oil & Lubricants ensuring that the quality / quantities of the supply of lubricants are in accordance to standards set.
- Implement Best Practices established and ensure that KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) are maintained with parameters set.
- Ensure that minimum Health and Safety requirements are met in full, together with considerations for environmental needs.
- Responsible to ensure that all staff (Persons Reporting) carries out their duties in accordance with their Job Descriptions set.
- Continuously collect and collate valuable data or information relating to improvements required for Standardization and Development purposes for Fleet Management and communicate this information to other staff in the Fleet Section.
- Share experiences gained with other staff members and strive towards creating good team building and harmonious atmosphere.
- Travel occasionally, as required by the Organization.
- Will perform any other duties as requested by immediate Supervisor.
In addition to the above, United Nations Volunteers are expected to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteering by reading the documentation made available by the UNV program, external publications and actively taking part in UNV program activities, for example getting involved in the commemorative activities of the International Volunteer Day ( JIV), December 5.
- Become familiar with and develop any form of traditional and / or local volunteering at the level of the host country.
- Reflect the type and nature of the voluntary actions they undertake, including their participation in substantive reflections.
- Contribute to the writing of articles on field experiences to be submitted for publication of the UNV program / website, newsletter and press notes, etc.
- Contribute to the Hosting Program for United Nations Volunteers newly arrived in the country of assignment;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteers or encourage individuals and organizations to use the services of online volunteers when technically possible.
Qualifications / Requirements
Required degree level: Technical / Vocational diploma
Qualifications level: Higher technician certificate
Qualification area (s): Logistics / mechanics / management
E xperience Requirements: 5 years experience in the garage management domain and general mechanics
- French (Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English (Mandatory), Level - Fluent