Writer / Editor
WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- We are looking for an enthusiastic wordsmith to join our busy and dynamic communications unit in a well-respected international research organization.
- If you are a creative person, able to work independently & work well in a multicultural team, has sound editorial judgment, and is excited to make a big impact, come join us!
- You will write and produce content for our websites, blog, podcasts, infographics and video products.
- You will also provide editorial guidance for our science publications.
- Work with regional communicators and country managers/directors to identify and tell stories.
- Conduct field-based interviews and generate stories.
- Oversee the production of video and infographic products with external vendors.
- Edit scientific and policy briefs, working papers and reports.
- Other relevant activities assigned by the Director, Marketing and Communications.
- Degree in Journalism or Communications is preferred.
- 2-4 years of writing/editing experience, preferably in the areas of international development, agriculture or research field.
- Experience writing for video and podcasts.
- Demonstrated experience in turning scientific and policy issues into copy and stories.
- Strong analytical and interviewing skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work to a deadline and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
- Hard working with a good work ethic.
- This position will be based in Penang, Malaysia. Interviews are expected to be held in end July 2015, and short-listed candidates should be available to attend.
- The successful candidate should be available to commence work by 1st September 2015 for an initial period of 3 years, with possibility of extension depending on performance and funding situation.
- This position is open to Malaysian nationals (NRS) and International candidates.
- Subject to applicant status, salary and benefits will be in compliance with WorldFish remuneration policies.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified