PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To serve as a catalyst, partnership broker, and builder of the capacity of local partners, facilitating the development process toward the improved and sustained well-being of children within their families and community, especially the most vulnerable children.
- To manage the technical projects in assigned communes.
Community Engagement and Sponsorship
Facilitate partnering/ networking with and connections among different local stakeholders (formal and informal community groups, businesses, NGOs and local government agencies, etc.) to mobilize resources for the well-being of children.
- Raise awareness of local partners and community in assigned commune on WV’s Christian identity and values, child focused and community based development approach
- Facilitate capacity building for communities and local partners in AP planning and annual community review and planning
- Facilitate AP planning activities at the assigned communes
- Facilitate annual community review and planning at the assigned communes
- Support communities and partners to develop and implement the community-based disaster preparedness plans
- Facilitate capacity building for communities and local partners in the assigned communes in shared monitoring
- Facilitate shared monitoring activities and reports
- Facilitate refection meetings with participation of communities
- Facilitate annual program effectiveness/ PAF self-review and community based groups self-review
Child participation and protection:
- Strengthen child clubs and children led community initiatives
- Promote the use of child friendly tools such as photo voice, body map, river of life to increase child participation and voice in the community
- Strengthen child protection committees in the assigned communes
- Facilitate capacity building for communities and local partners in MVC mapping
- Facilitate the process of MVC mapping and updates
- Utilize MVC mapping results for program planning and support – to make sure MVC are included and best benefiting from technical project interventions/ models
- Document best practices, lesion learnt and MSC (Most Significant Change) stories of MVC and their families
- Strengthen community based groups in the assigned communes and build capacity for them in micro projects planning
- Identify and engage communities and partners in micro projects
- Facilitate the community based groups in development and implementation of micro projects
- Facilitate community based groups in monitoring and reporting of micro projects.
- Include RC in project activities and monitor participation and benefits of RC and their families
- Coordinate the child registration and well-being monitoring of children, including RC in assigned communes, as per sponsorship standards through the SR volunteer network
- Program Management in assigned communes
- Implementation of Technical Models
- Work closely with TPOs to introduce and build capacity for local partners on technical project models, guidelines, tools
- Facilitate the implementation of technical models in alignment with the standard guidelines (cost norms) and tools
- Work closely with TPO and technical local partners to facilitate the supportive supervision process in assigned communes to ensure technical quality of the project models
- Mainstream CCT (CPPa, gender, disability, DRR, Faith and Development) in all project activities whenever appropriate
- Document best practices and advocate for the replication of technical project models to larger scale
- Monitor and report (ITT and narrative) on the progress of Technical Projects (monthly, semi-annually, annually)
- Facilitate communities and partners to participate in the baseline survey and evaluation in assigned communes
- Financial Management
- Manage resources with integrity and stewardship, in compliance with WVV’s financial policies and procedures.
- Coordinate procurement and strategic sourcing in assigned communes
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Bachelor degree, preferably in education, public health, community development, social work.
Knowledge & Skills
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of development work; including child protection, nutrition /health, livelihoods, resilience, advocacy, cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender, environment, disability, child participation).
- Demonstrated capacity in project management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions (e.g. Facilitate monitoring processes with partners and community, analyze and interpret monitoring data).
- Skills in facilitation of development processes, including organisation, mobilisation and influence of partners (especially at commune level) and partnering among different development partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications skills in Vietnamese.
- Ability to think critically and reflect.
- Ability to lead own learning and development
- Fair English skill.
- Solid computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- At least 2 years of work experience in community development.
- Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach
- Experience in working with local stakeholders/partners.
- Experience of working with children and ethnic minorities.