Wvv Development Facilitator
World Vision International(WVI), Huyen Nhu Thanh, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The purpose of the Development Facilitator is to serve as a catalyst, partnership broker, and builder of the capacity of local partners, facilitating the development process toward the improved and sustained well-being of children within their families and community, especially the most vulnerable children.
RELATIONSHIPS BUILDING & PARTNERING
- Build close and constructive relationshipswith a range of different partner communities in order to understand their realities and facilitate development processes effectively toward the well-being of children in the assigned communes;
- Communicate WV’s identity, mission, vision, values and programming approach in ways that are contextually appropriate and clear.
- Undertake social networks analysis in order to understand the functions various stakeholders fulfill, power dynamics, potential for partnership and capacity building needs
- Facilitate networking and connections among local stakeholder groups, between local partners,and others outside the area who can contribute their resources for the well-being of children. (Local stakeholders groups may include formal and informal community-based organizations, businesses, other NGOs and local government agencies);
- Actively search new partners within and outside the communities; identify the opportunities that these partners can work together toward shared priorities for child well-being; then initiate, develop and manage partnership arrangements with them,
CAPACITY BUILDING FOR COMMUNITIES & PARTNERS
- Build the capacity of partners and community groups in order to deliver the joint outcomes effectively; maintain and monitor the effectiveness of their partnership over time; manage their local initiatives
- Provide assistance to communities and partners tohelppreparingand implementing community-managed disaster preparedness plans,andensure that these plans strengthen the resilience of communities for disasters,and reduce disaster risks. Assist partners in local management of disasters.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT IN ASSIGNED COMMUNES
- Effectively facilitate planning processes with community members – especially the most vulnerable, and within community based groups;
- Actively collaborate with ADP Coordinator, Sponsorship and Technical Staff in project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting processes relevant to assigned areas for an effective program integration, under the support of the ADP Manager;
- Provide support to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation tools and measurements of program/project effectiveness to track the delivery of jointoutcomes;
- Ensure that ADP resources are used in an efficient way,and followed WVV financial guidelines.
- Actively participate as an ADP team member in all areas, including feedback, reflection and learning.
- An M&E plan and Monitoring System are designed and established in line with LEAP standards.
- Surveys to identify the main causes of poverty in the ADP area are designed and conducted; data is entered and analyzed.
- Capacity and understand of DIME system of staff and local partners (PMB’s members, HFs, Health Volunteers, SR volunteers) are enhanced.
- Staff training workshop to introduce the DIME system and management information system is organized in cooperation with the capacity building senior officer.
- Monitoring Information System for all projects of the ADP is updated on time and well managed.
- Simple tools to support the effective Result-based Monitoring Information System at ADP level (MIS) is collected and developed.
- Assistance is provided to ADP manager in choosing sample size requirements for monitoring work as required.
- Assistance is provided to ADP manager and other staff to establish a feedback loop with the community for the application of monitoring results for decision-making.
- Monitoring information is documented and shared with other staff/other ADPs as appropriate.
- The sponsorship volunteer network at the target communes of the ADP are well established and maintained with close coordination between schools (teachers volunteers network) and community settings (hamlet facilitators network) at village and commune levels.
- Data of 500 Registered Children (RC) are collected in a timely manner and in accordance to the Child Sponsorship Standards. The RC data and other sponsorship documents (both electronic and hard copies) as well as their relevant back-up copies are systematically filed in a safe place.
- Meetings with RC’s parents and community local people are organized at village/commune levels as per sponsorship requirements, in cooperation with the sponsorship volunteer network, hamlet facilitators to raise the awareness of WV’s sponsorship.
- The sponsorship orientation materials (adapted with local context as possible) are distributed to all RC’s parents and non-RC’s parents.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on the job training:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of development work; including health, education, economic development, HIV and AIDS programming, food security, cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender, child protection, environment, disability), and integration of advocacy and disaster management in development programming.
- Knowledge in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Skills in facilitation of development processes, including organization, mobilization and influence of partners (especially at commune level) and networking among different development partners.
- Demonstrated capacity in project management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications skills in Vietnamese.
- Fair English skill.
- Solid computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Ability to think critically and reflect.
- At least 2 years work experience in community development,and experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners are preferred.
- World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization.
- Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
- Our contact details are: People and Culture DepartmentWorld Vision International - VietnamAddress: 4th floor, the HEAC building, 14-16 Ham Long street, HanoiTel: 04. 39439920 (ext.118)