Wvv Development Facilitator
World Vision International(WVI), Thon Dung - Thi tran Thanh My, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The purpose of the Development Facilitator is to serve as a catalyst, partnership broker, and builder of the capacity of local partners, facilitating the development process toward the improved and sustained well-being of children within their families and community, especially the most vulnerable children.
Relationships Building & Partnering:
- Close and constructive relationships are built with a range of different partners in the communities in order to understand their realities and facilitate development processes effectively toward the well-being of children in the assigned communes;
- WV’s identity, mission, vision, values and programming approach are communicated in ways that are contextually appropriate and clear.
- Good assistance is provided to ADP Manager in raising awareness of WVV’s Christian, child-focused and community-based philosophy and approach to development among local community partners.
- Social networks analysis are undertaken in order to understand the functions various stakeholders fulfill, power dynamics, potential for partnership and capacity building needs.
- Networking and connections are facilitated among local stakeholder groups and between local partners and others outside the area who can contribute their resources for the well-being of children. (Local stakeholders groups may include formal and informal community-based organizations, businesses, other NGOs and local government agencies);
- New partners within and outside the communities are actively searched; the opportunities that these partners can work together toward shared priorities for child well-being are identified; then partnership arrangements with them are initiated, developed and managed.
Capacity Building for Communities & Partners:
- The capacity of partners (C-PMB; VDBs and other partners) and community groups are built in order to deliver the joint outcomes effectively; to maintain and monitor the effectiveness of their partnership over time; to facilitate their local community development plans/initiatives.
- Assistance is provided to communities and partners to prepare and implement community-managed disaster preparedness plans to ensure that these plans strengthen the resilience of communities for disasters and reduce disaster risks and assist partners in local management of disasters.
Program Management in assigned communes:
- Planning processes is effectively facilitated with community members – especially the most vulnerable children and people, and within community based groups;
- Actively collaborate with ADP Coordinator, Sponsorship and Technical Staff in project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting processes of all project activities relevant to assigned areas for an effective program integration, under the support and coaching of the ADP Manager;
- Support is provided to develop and implement participatory monitoring and evaluation tools and measurements of program/project effectiveness to track the delivery of joint outcomes;
- Facilitate / Support partners to conduct regular reflections with the communities to review the progress, results and areas for improvements;
- Mobilize / Facilitate partners and community groups to actively participate in the baseline survey, annual or mid-term reviews and evaluation for sharing and learning;
- ADP resources are ensured to be used in an efficient way and followed WVV financial guidelines.
- Document good lessons learnt during the programme implementation; actively participate as an ADP team member in all areas, including sharing good lessons learnt feedback, reflection and learning.
- Help with necessary administration tasks of the ADP as required
- Registered children’s presence are monitored in collaboration with Sponsorship Facilitator and sponsorship volunteers network or hamlet facilitators network as per sponsorship standards;
- The well-being status of RC is monitored, documented and reflected regularly in periodic reflections meetings of the ADP team in collaboration with Sponsorship Facilitator, the sponsorship volunteers network and hamlet facilitators network and other ADP staff;
- Logistics are arranged for the orientation and training sponsorship volunteers, hamlet facilitators and other related local partners;
- Logistics are arranged for meetings with RC’s parents and community local people at village/commune levels as per sponsorship requirements, in cooperation with the sponsorship volunteer network, hamlet facilitators to raise the awareness of WV’s sponsorship, update the ADP’s programming interventions, their progress and accomplishments in community;
- The sponsorship orientation materials (adapted with local context as possible) are distributed to all RC’s parents and non-RC’s parents, in collaboration with Sponsorship Facilitator.
- Stories about RC and their families documenting significant changes in their life, achievements, best practices and learning experiences are compiled for WV publications and shared within the Partnership, in collaboration with Sponsorship Facilitator.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on the job training:
- Bachelor degree
- Major in education, public health, community development, social work and/or business administration.
- At least 2 years work experience in community development.
- Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach would be an advantage.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Experience of working with ethnic minorities.
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of development work; including health, education, economic development, HIV and AIDS programming, food security, cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender, child protection, environment, disability), and integration of advocacy and disaster management in development programming.
- Knowledge in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Skills in facilitation of development processes, including organization, mobilization and influence of partners (especially at commune level) and networking among different development partners.
- Demonstrated capacity in project management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications skills in Vietnamese.
- Fair English skill.
- Solid computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Ability to think critically and reflect.
- Working in team environment and under minimum supervision.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/vietnam/field-operations/wvv-development-facilitatornam-giang-adp/5058