WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVIV has a total income of around US$ 19,000,000 (FY20) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVIV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVIV employs about 430 staff, of which more than 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVIV includes: children protection from all forms of abuse, exploitation, violence and injury; reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh - Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa - Hung Yen - Hai Phong), Central (Quang Tri - Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai - Binh Thuan – DakNong - Ho Chi Minh). WVIV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVIV is also implementing Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To support WVIV in establishing standards and strategic direction for the IT system of the organization in line with the WV Partnership Standards.
- To maintain the effective functioning of the IT system that facilitates WVIV’s development activities.
- To assist the IT Manager in coordinating IT- related work and handling routine IT related issues in all the offices and projects
- To provide the Management of WV Vietnam with Information/Communication Technology related recommendations and suggestion supporting the organisation’s strategic objectives.
Service desk (40%)
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users, including access service.
- Responds to Level 2 support (Global Center IT)
- Identify and recommend solutions for trouble issues which affect multiple clients…
Technical support (30%)
- Diagnose and resolve client workstation and mobile device issues.
- Participate in deployment of new or upgrade information technology and infrastructure projects
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
Other tasks: (30%)
- Adhere to the integrity of controls, regulations and guidelines.
- Review operation processes to ensure consistent approval and compliance.
- Make recommendations and changes as appropriate.
- Maintain IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software in accordance with company policy and procedures.
Service level management
- Collaborate in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets.
- Monitor service-level objectives to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded.
- Follow up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Receive incoming Purchase Requisitions (Pending Buyer Action), verify specifications are clear, conduct sourcing event if required items are not already on contract, update the PR with actual supplier record and release PR for approval.
- Identifies customer training needs based on common problems
- Develop and deliver documentation to ensure appropriate end-user support (eg. Video clips, e-learning...)
- Mentor less experienced staff in IT areas of expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent qualification background.
Knowledge & Skills
- Written and verbal communication in English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills.
- Ability to write up policies and guidelines
- Coordination skills.
- Commitment to working with and learning from the poor and marginalized people, especially children.
- Willingness to support the philosophy, purpose and values of WV in its work with the poor in Vietnam.
- At least 3 years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- In-depth experience in Windows; Microsoft products; Cloud-computing, Internet and Administering multi- serve multi- protocol (TCP/ IP & IPX); Windows NT local area network.
- Work experience in a big international development organization
- World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.