Youth & Adolescent Development Officer
United Nations Children's Fund, Baghdad, Iraq
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
UNICEF works in Across 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential - to the benefit of a better world.
- As Youth & Adolescent Officer, you will be responsible for supporting Programme planning, development, and management through update of situation analysis for the design and management of youth and adolescent development-related programs/projects.
- Also, you will contribute to the development/establishment of program goals, objectives, strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of youth and adolescent development and other related information for development planning and priority and goal setting.
- You will need your collaboration skills to work jointly with internal and external partners providing technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes, monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess programs/projects and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of program management in addition to monitor and report on the use of sectoral program resources.
- As part of your support to the Programme implantation you will conduct regular program field visits and surveys and/or exchange information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support, take appropriate action to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- It is also essential that you draft communication and information materials for CO program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund raising for adolescent development programs.
- Participate in appropriate inter-agency (UNCT) meetings/events on programming to collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues under the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF, 2020–2024) operational planning and preparation of adolescent development programs/projects and to integrate and harmonize UNICEF position and strategies with the UNSDCF development and planning process.
- Your innocation, knowledge management and capacity building skills will be required to identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders and also to apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results for youth and adolescents
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- Education: A first-level university degree A university degree in anthropology, international development, human rights, psychology, social work, sociology, education, community development, community organizing, behavior communication or other social science field is required.
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in adolescent development and/other related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is required. Relevant experience in youth and adolescent development-related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset. Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of the local language is required.