Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The overall objective of the NRC Jordan Youth Programme is to ensure that youth have strengthened personal, social and economic resilience. NRC will provide access to structured quality learning opportunities which support youth to develop their skills and pursue activities along multiple learning pathways: livelihoods, social engagement and further education/training. The Site Operations Officer is responsible for the overall site supervision, which entails follow-up on maintenance requirement, site improvements, inventory and resource management.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated Core Competency project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Supervise the performance and deliverance of Incentive Based Volunteers (IBVs) working on site related tasks
- Identify site development needs and prepare site improvement plans accordingly
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that ensure safety and security measures
- Apply efficient resource management practices and plan required supplies through procurement planning
- Process salary payments for daily workers and IBVs
- Maintain consistent follow-up over inventory records in comparison with actual stored items
- Ensure that all administrative procedure and relevant paper work pertaining to site are followed and submitted with other relevant NRC support departments
- Follow-up on the technical progress of the program and customize site tangible features to accommodate better quality of program deliverance to beneficiaries.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- We are looking for a university graduate with a minimum of two years previous experience in relevant field. Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context. Experience in site maintenance operations, resource management, and procurement with some knowledge of English. To have strong planning skills and ability to coordinate and implement multiple tasks simultaneously Technical/Engineering experience with knowledge in budgeting is preferred.
- We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels. Excellent interpersonal and team management skills.
- In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.