ZRBF Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Harare, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Participate in learning and analytical work for knowledge building to influence Resilience policy making and ZRBF programming decision making processes
- Support analysis, generation and dissemination of technical notes and other analytical products for resilience programing and policy formulation;
- Develop ZRBF Project monitoring tools and guidelines for programme progress tracking, resilience measurement and resilience capacity analysis and monitoring, including real time tracking of coping mechanisms and tracking of outcome indicators;
- Represent ZRBF in analytical foras connected to national surveys critical for resilience programming such as livelihoods & vulnerability assessments, poverty surveys, food and nutrition surveys etc;
- Support the building and maintenance of various datasets critical for resilience analysis and M&E including colleting, formatting and integrating the grant recipient M&E datasets into the appropriate standard;
- Facilitate and coordinate M&E missions for ZRBF programme monitoring and evaluation purposes;
- Support the ZRBF team and partners in scenario building exercises;
- Support the development, management and implementation of a robust ZRBF M&E System, processes and procedures to demonstrate project outputs, outcomes and impact
Support development and operationalization of ZRBF M&E framework and M&E programmatic activities including technical backstopping and support visits to Grant Recipients;
- Participate in quantitative and qualitative resilience monitoring, analytical work including production of thematic briefs;
- Support monitoring and alignment of ZRBF project level outputs with Country Programme level expected outcomes and targets of the M&E plan as well as ZUNDAF outcomes;
- Assist in preparing quarterly and annual programme progress reports for submission to the project board;
- Lead the documentation of programme success stories and other learning experiences at National level including review and lesson learnt workshops for ZRBF;
- Support ZRBF in Grant recipients selection processes including review and technical evaluation of concept notes and proposals;
Provide effective support to organizations funded by ZRBF in producing optimal progress and impact reporting, including continued analysis of causal relations leading to resilience and high-frequency monitoring during shocks
- Contribute to capacity building of ZRBF partner staff in monitoring and evaluation technical aspects in line with ZRBFs M&E framework, as well as UNDP and donor requirements;
- Develop and operationalize M&E reporting guidelines and templates for partners to ensure effective and efficient control and results based delivery of the ZRBF;
- Support the analysis and ongoing work for development of early warning thresholds for activation of the crisis modifier;
- Support knowledge sharing and guidance to partners on Resilience M&E matters.
- Undertake regular field visits to ensure compliance and timely execution of the planned M&E systems by grant recipients under the ZRBF;
Support the collaboration and coordination with other UN agencies, government agencies, NGOs, and other organizations on monitoring and evaluation issues;
- Represent ZRBF in relevant coordination fora;
- Ensure sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Resilience Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and the Head of ZRBF.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in agriculture, natural resource management, business administration or other relevant social studies. M&E certification is highly desirable;
- A minimum of two years’ professional experience in monitoring and evaluating development projects is required.
- At least two years of professional experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation in resilience & food security programs.
- This should include developing performance management plans, selecting indicators and developing targets, conducting evaluations, surveys, assessments, designing log frames and other tasks related to M&E;
- Proven expertise and proficiency with SPSS, Excel, database packages or other appropriate packages.
- Knowledge of GIS will be added advantage
- Strong analytical skills and experience in analysing quantitative/qualitative data and surveys in the field of Resilience, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and DRR is required;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in statistical and database management packages;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spread sheet and database packages.
- The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process.
- Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=4335