World Vision, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to ensure that quality standards are met in programs/projects on the basis of objectively verifiable evidences resulting in meeting objectives of the Bangladesh Refugee response. This position will ensure alignment of technical programs with the World Vision Bangladesh (WVB) response strategy and setup functional Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) systems and quality assurance mechanisms with required protocols and guidelines. The position will also lead the quality reviews of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) processes and products and provide timely feedback to key stakeholders.
- Programme monitoring system set up in accordance with the response work flows to cater the information needs.
- Ensure appropriate tools are in place to carry out process, technical and impact monitoring.
- Regular analysis of monitoring data carried out – on sectoral interventions. Relevant data shared appropriately.
- Liaise with technical teams to leverage their support in all DME process.
- Lead the process of program assessments (baselines, RRTs or end-lines) in accordance with the program management cycle.
- Guidance provided for implementation of the Humanitarian Accountability Framework (HAF) and accountability strategy for WVB.
- Facilitate Reflection & Learning process for the response team for its continuous progress.
- Field level Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (MEAL) staff are guided for capacity development through regular coaching and mentoring.
- Identify and assess the level of MEAL capacity/ and gaps and Design a comprehensive capacity building plan to increase DME capability at all level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences/Development Management/International Development or relevant field.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis using SPSS, SAS, Minitab or equivalent and database management.
- Minimum of 2 years national & 3 years international (total of 5 years) experience in the field of MEAL, especially in emergency context and grant funding is critical.
- Proven experience in establishing a fully functional MEAL system for an organization that’s supported by bilateral & multilateral international donors serving more than 100,000 beneficiaries within a period of 12 months.
- Proven experience in leading Surveys (mix methodologies) from designing to report writing.
- Proven experience in local staff capacity building.
- Proven experience in establishing MEAL systems for sub grantees and local partners.
- Experience in coordinating MEAL functions at a national level for an INGO covering some of the following sectors / thematic areas is critical: Health, Cash, Food, WASH, shelter, Education, Child protection and livelihoods.
- Thorough knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, and analysis is essential, especially the use of SPSS / “R” software’s for quantitative analysis.
- Thorough knowledge in writing technical MEAL reports is essential.
- Thorough knowledge on Sphere, Core humanitarian standards, child rights, human rights, DNH, HAP & DAC evaluation criteria are essential.
- Thorough knowledge on the humanitarian operations coordination, cluster operations, and major donor M&E requirements is essentials.
- Good understanding on database management and data structures.
- Need to be fluent in written and spoken English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Thorough knowledge of World Vision processes such as Child-Wellbeing, Syria response M&E framework would be an advantage.
- Fluency in the local languages (Bangla/Burmese) will be an advantage.
- Previous working experience in Bangladesh can be an advantage.
- Previous engagement with the Rohingya Refuggee response in Bangladesh will be an added advantage.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and work in a work intense context.
- This role involves the technical review and capacity building of field MEAL staff.
- Need to work/ facilitate on community and stakeholders on participatory M&E process Accountable together with Sector technical team on assigned sector indicator achievements.