World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people regardless of their religion, caste, gender or ethnicity. World Vision has been in Sri Lanka since 1977 and currently works through 35 development and relief programmes in 20 Districts across the country.
- At World Vision we are passionate about children and committed to bringing fullness of life to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Every day for forty years, that is what our team at World Vision has been doing.
- We are currently looking for dynamic & creative individuals to join us in our journey of caring.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
The Monitoring & Evaluation , Accountability and Learning Coordinator(MEAL ), will provide technical support to the Area Program(AP) in developing a strong MEAL System in the areas of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning for the design & implementation of quality programs/projects. Reporting to the AP Manager with technical oversight from the Design Monitoring & Evaluation (DME) Specialist, the job holder will work in collaboration with the field staff/other stakeholders in developing an efficient & effective MEAL framework & plan that responds to strategic program planning, monitoring & learning agenda of WVL & it’s goals & objectives
Based in the AP/ADP Office the MEAL Coordinator is responsible for collecting & mapping project and program data from the field according to the set M&E plans and process the data collected into usable formats for analysis to generate high quality evidence base for learning, decision making & accountability. The MEAL Coordinator will also facilitate implementation of the Accountability Framework, & ensure that lessons learned are communicated to stakeholders, and assist with cross-sectoral coordination.
- Establish & ensure smooth function of M&E systems & processes at AP level, including grants & Private Non Sponsorship (PNS) within the AP
- Ensure AP level technical project baseline survey is established & effective monitoring system in place for quality assurance
- Ensure Baseline report completed within the first year of completion with quality frameworks, context specific tools for monitoring AP
- Develop field based monitoring plan in consultation with the technical lead & DME specialist and ensure alignment of program interventions in line with project/program objectives
- Ensure timely & accurate completion of Program Management Reports at AP Level (Semi-Annual Reports/Annual Reports)
- Establish systems for knowledge management/storing of programmatic information and lessons learned for decision making and accountability
- Ensure AP designs are aligned to WVL strategy and the Technical Programme design & disseminate program designs and plans with relevant partners/stakeholders
- Develop capacity of staff & partners in MEAL processes, system & standards to ensure programme quality
- Facilitate reflection & learning process in undertaking monitoring, evaluation & learning – including both reporting & learning needs
Required qualifications, experience & competencies:
- A Degree in Social Science/Economics/Agriculture/International Development or related discipline with Statistics/Research knowledge preferred
- Minimum 03 years’ experience in participatory assessments and monitoring, logical approach, data processing/ analysis and result based management
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities and social and cultural constraints and realities
- Good training & facilitation skills and good collaboration skills
- Good analytical skills and proven report writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English & Sinhala and/or Tamil preferred.
- Excellent Computer skills in MS office, SPSS, and other statistical packages
- Good Interpersonal skills and able to work in a team and be prepared to train the others
- Experience and skills using database programmes for data entry, analysis, and reporting