Creative Associates seeks a Grants Advisor for Guinea who will provide technical guidance and support to the USAID REWARD team the design and implementation of grant applications, guidelines, and regulations for the small grant's mechanism in Guinea. The Grants Advisor will also provide management oversight, and support for USAID REWARD's sub-grant recipients in Guinea, ensuring timely implementation of sub-grant activities and milestones in compliance with USAID procedures and standards, and provide reports. Finally, the Grants Advisor will interact with the USAID Mission and U.S. Embassy in Guinea.
The Grants Advisor will work collaboratively with a highly experienced team to support the development of systems and tools for efficient grant management and reporting. She/he will support a coordinated approach to the grant-making process, including calls for proposals, selection, contracting, risk management and reporting. The Advisor will need to provide an overview of all grant and contract management issues and implement the grant making processes with the USAID REWARD team – which liaises with and supports grantees – to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective grant management. He/she will also need to relay all relevant Guinea grants information to the USAID Mission and U.S. Embassy in Guinea.
- Provide technical support to the USAID REWARD team in conducting an initial screening of applications to sift out ineligible applicants;
- In coordination with the USAID REWARD team, coordinate the process of preparing grant agreements for successful applicants;
- Provide advisory assistance to NGO grant applicants in Guinea and assisting in the review of grant submissions;
- Analyze and evaluate grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with USAID regulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Oversee and support grant programming implementation by REWARD's sub-grantees in Guinea – ensuring timely and compliant implementation of grant activities, milestones, and deliverables;
- Assist with the preparation of scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program implemented in the country;
- Ensure that all the USAID REWARD grantees in Guinea have the relevant information for the grants assigned to them, including reporting dates and contract details; and
- Represent USAID REWARD with the U.S. Embassy in Guinea and with USAID, and at grantees' major events and activities. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, sociology, political science, medical/community health is desirable; Master's degree preferred;
- At least five (5) years of experience in grants and subgrants management and implementation, preferably in Guinea; minimum of five years working in international development programs;
Strong knowledge of the Guinean civil society landscape;
- Experience working with high levels of government institutions in the capital city and in the different regions of Guinea;
- Solid understanding of USAID regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether applicants should be funded or not;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines; and
- Speaking, writing and reading French fluently with knowledge of English; knowledge of local Guinean languages is an added advantage.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working on health programs/projects is an added advantage; and
- Background in democracy and governance is an added advantage.