Grant Administrative Support Officer - Tumikia Mtoto Project
World Vision, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of position
To provide administrative support to the Tumikia mtoto project and ensure efficient and effective running of the project while while ensuring compliance with donor regulations (USAID) and World Vision Kenya policies.
Project Administrative Support 60%
- Provide administrative support to the Tumikia Mtoto project for efficient program implementation.
- Support effective and timely management of donor/consortium requests, queries and related needs
- Contribute to the processes of enhancing linkages with other partners
- Ensure effective coordination of processes of reporting and monitoring with other consortium partners.
- In collaboration with various project staff, ensure that program status and progress reports are developed, shared and well maintained in repository
- Develop and Maintain a project records management system to ensure all program data is available for easy access and retrieval of information.
- Develops and maintains an efficient physical and electronic filing system for the team
- In liaison with the Grants and Compliance Manager, support in the tracking and maintenance of sub awards contracts and correspondences
- Facilitate the creation of mailing lists for the consortium team members for effective communication.
- Organizes regular team meetings and conference calls/video-conferences, including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices.
- Provide administrative support in the coordination of the program process by tracking completion for the programs, scheduling interviews as necessary and e-filing the final document
- Support project staff with People and Culture related processes including facilitating project staff orientation, contract renewals, performance agreements, appraisals among others.
- Follow up with service providers to ensure office cleaning and hospitality services are provided as agreed.
- Ensure that the office space is conducive for staff performance in compliance with the OSHA requirements
- Ensure enough supplies and utilities for smooth running of the office.
- In liaison with the accountant, support in the management of assets and inventory
- Takes minutes of regular team meetings and other meetings as required
Workshops and Events 20%
- Liaises with members and partners to coordinate logistical arrangements for workshops and events;
- Liaises with Project team and other agencies regarding venue, travel, hotels, and with catering Services staff for provision, room organization and logistics;
- Liaises with and assists project recipients and consultants as required to ensure smooth functioning of activities;
- Coordinates and disseminates all internal and external material, including publicity and background documents and coordinates appropriate mailings or distribution;
- Prepares training kits or information packages and sends material to participants in a timely manner
- Coordinates registration process and acts as contact person for the participants.
Logistical Support 10%
- Coordinate staff movements & travel logistics and itinerary for efficiency
- Facilitate delivery of parcels/ mails
- In collaboration with Administration department liaise with service providers to ensure quality services
- Liaise with the travel agents to obtain supporting travel documents
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designee from time to time
- Attend and lead daily devotions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field from a recognized university.
- At least 4 years’ experience in project administration
- Experience working in an INGO
- Knowledge and experience in USAID guidelines
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and customer care skills
- Experience in Logistics Management is desirable
- Proficiency in Computer especially in Microsoft Office Suite and data analysis programs such as PP, Excel & Word