TECM is a branch within the TEChnology division, responsible for all activities related to service management. The Workplace Management team within TECM is responsible for the global infrastructure, cloud services, Office365, Citrix and Identity and Access Management. The incumbent is expected to contribute heavily to another fundamental workload in the Workplace Management team which is global device management. The team is responsible for ensuring 20,000 Windows devices globally are standardised, updated, secure and compliant and the incumbent will contribute heavily in this area. In alignment with the digital transformation initiatives across the organisation, the device management technologies used in the organisation are also being modernised, leveraging heavily on the cloud. The incumbent will be expected to therefore contribute to the modernisation of the global service.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Reporting directly to the Workplace Management Lead and under the general supervision and guidance of the Chief of TECM and the Head of Service Delivery, the incumbent is accountable for providing required support to all activities related to client workstations and servers’ lifecycle in the global infrastructure; design and implementation of automated mechanisms for the maintenance of the infrastructural elements and other related activities. That includes, but not limited to, ensuring the service is able to maintain servers and workstations operating systems’ compliancy with WFP IT corporate standards using modern technological solutions (on-prem and cloud), imaging services are fully operational, and providing support to WFP IT in order to guarantee continuous improvement of related IT infrastructure processes in line with the highest technology standards.
- Support the implementation of the strategy for the transition of the SCCM solution into Microsoft Endpoint Manager, ensuring relevant documentation is produced.
- Ensure the global device management support service levels are working efficiently and are provided with the relevant documentation to provide efficient support for device management related workloads.
- Ensuring all agreed compliance levels are met and reported correspondingly, with ensuring appropriate data security and access controls are implemented and managed correspondingly
- Research and implementation of new technologies in order to improve the device management infrastructure.
- Definition and development of innovative processes to generate image files for workstations and servers, based on a number of known use-cases, including delivery mechanisms (Cloud, direct, on-prem, etc.)
- Maintenance of an effective partnership with external partners / contractors, including management, tasking and supervision of resources obtained from contractors.
- Support the general maintenance of the global infrastructure including Active Directory Administration and Read-Only Domain Controller administration, providing adequate support to IT colleagues globally.
- Provide efficient support to end users on all matters related to workstations, ensuring an ‘excellency in customer service’ approach and mindset.
- Knowledge Management and SOP: ensure documentation on installation and implementation procedures and other related matters are in order; compile guidelines to be shared with all stakeholders and users.
- Perform other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Post-secondary education combined with significant relevant working experience.
- University degree in the field of Computer Science/Engineering or related STEM disciplines is an advantage
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (e.g. MCSA Universal Widows Platform or Server 2016) or any other relevant Microsoft certificates (e.g. Microsoft 365 or Azure or DevOps certification on Associate or Expert levels) are desirable
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) technology and Cloud technologies and services, including experience in operating systems migration and project management.
Technical Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge for producing assessment documentation and operational guidelines
- Proven ability to automate and standardize processes within a business environment
- Ability to identify and solve quickly issues and problems
- Teamwork oriented and ability to work under pressure
- Positive attitude for working in cooperation with different teams.
- Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.