Global Coffee Platform, Germany
GCP is looking for a qualified and enthusiastic candidate to ensuring delivery on the workplans in support of a sustainable coffee sector development in Honduras. He/she leads the cooperation between Rainforest Alliance, Solidaridad and GCP to strengthen the new National Coffee Sustainability Platform in Honduras and engages members, partners and public & private stakeholders in collective activities. Moreover, he/she enhances the visibility in the region and drives the mission and goals of GCP.
The Manager Honduras reports to the Director of Programs and Corporate Partnerships (Deputy Director).
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of workplan in Honduras, to drive the development of the national platform and its activities, ensuring ownership and active engagement of public and private platform members and partners;
- Promote and facilitate collective activities, as prioritized by the coffee sector in Honduras, with GCP members and other stakeholders at national and local levels such as GCP Member Initiatives;
- Accountability of budget and workplans for Honduras;
- Ensure alignment and adequate services for GCP members and other partners;
- Management of partnerships with public and private organizations;
- Ensure visibility in the region, coordinating cooperation and assuming representational tasks;
- Coordination and reporting to different stakeholders and GCP line manager;
- Represent GCP in events and coordinate strategic partnerships for other Spanish speaking countries in Latin America.
Profile & qualifications
- Master’s degree in Trade, Economics, Agronomy, rural development or related field;
- 15 years’ work experience in the agricultural sector with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in managing coffee/agricultural sector improvement programs, including work planning, budgeting and guiding & training local staff;
- Credibility and broad network in the Honduran coffee sector (senior level contacts both on public and private side);
- Ability and track record to effectively guide and support complex change processes involving people and organizations from public and private sectors;
- Connection to key international and Honduran stakeholders and experience and proven track record in building alliances and initiatives between them;
- Knowledge of agricultural policies and key international institutions working in sustainable agriculture especially coffee;
- Excellent representational skills and ability to interpret and communicate the principles of sustainability to multicultural audiences and stakeholder groups;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and good command of English;
- Experience in adult training systems, training and organizational development or in M&E and sustainability measurement is an additional advantage;
- Availability to travel internationally;
- Ability to work self-motivated, independently and in a team towards defined objectives and goals;
- Results-oriented approach, positive thinking and good teamwork spirit;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Power Point and Excel; working knowledge of Office 365;
- The ideal candidate for this position will be perceived as “neutral” as to not being perceived to represent certain interests (ideological, market related, political) other than advancing sustainable coffee production to improve coffee farmers’ livelihoods & the environment;
- Based in Honduras and working permit for Honduras.
- Passion for coffee!
- The Global Coffee Platform offers a collaborative, dynamic environment, driven by dedicated international staff that are committed to advancing the long-term sustainability of the coffee sector.
- Contract: Full-time position (40 hours/week); An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant, commensurate with skills and qualifications, embedded in the GCP internal salary structure.
- Period of employment: As soon as possible until end of December 2019, with possibility of extension;
- Location: Honduras (home office), required flexibility to travel
- The office language is English;