WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NON-PROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
- Job Title: Indonesia Program Manager
- Industry: Non-profit / International Development
- Job Location: Jakarta, Indonesia with frequent travel to the in-country program locations (or based out of one of the in-country programs in Padang, West Sumatra or Palu, Sulawesi)
- Start Date: Immediate
- Term: At-will employment
- Salary: Competitive, based on experience
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2004, Build Change is an innovative non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. We do that by designing disaster-resistant houses and schools; training homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them; working with governments to develop and implement building standards; partnering with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs; and facilitating access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs.
To learn more about us and our programs in Haiti, Indonesia, Colombia, Guatemala, Philippines, Nepal and the Caribbean, visit www.buildchange.org.
Build Change has been in Indonesia since 2005, and Yayasan Bangunan Cemerlang Indonesia, the Indonesian-registered arm of Build Change, was established in 2013.
YOUR NEW OPPORTUNITY
For the position of Program Manager, Yayasan Bangunan Cemerlang Indonesia (YBCI) is seeking an exceptional, driven, and experienced candidate with proven management communication skills and marketing skills. Curiosity, optimism, tenacity, and a willingness to find and implement sustainable solutions are key attributes. In addition, the successful applicant will have a proven management track record, excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, a history of building relationships with partners and clients, and demonstrated ability to articulate fundamental concepts of disaster-resistant design and concepts to non-technical persons.
This position reports to the Country Director for Indonesia, or in the absence of a Country Director, to the Director of Post-Disaster Programs of Build Change.
Program and Management Responsibilities:
- To schedule, oversee and report on the implementation of all YBCI training and technical assistance projects in Indonesia.
- Take the lead in the expansion of YBCI, including but not limited to the development of new programs and partnerships and the ongoing formalization of ties between Build Change, YBCI, the Indonesian government, national academic institutions and other relevant key players in the region.
- To lead, mentor and expand YBCI’s team of Indonesia based project managers, staff engineers and trainers to successfully deliver YBCI projects.
- To provide quality assurance oversight for all projects in Indonesia by putting in place measures to ensure they follow established Build Change disaster resistant construction standards.
- To oversee and improve data management and monitoring and evaluation activities, including impact tracking and preparing monthly and task specific reports.
- To write proposals and ensure the timely completion of partner project reports.
- To encourage and facilitate the ongoing practical skills development and engineering knowledge of all YBCI Indonesia based staff and put in place capacity building activities when needed.
- To assist Build Change’s business development and social media teams in the creation and distribution of relevant, concise and appealing marketing and communications material representing YBCI work.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, comprehensive project evaluation, recommending timelines, staffing and resources needed to achieve goals.
- Actively engage and energize YBCI board members, staff, volunteers, partnering organizations and funders in the development, support and promotion of YBCI activities.
- Develop, maintain, and support the strong and fluid communication with all director and senior level staff needed to maintain the strategic direction of YBCI operations and fund raising.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain YBCI’s team of staff.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications Responsibilities:
- Support local level revenue generating and fundraising activities, actively and eloquently promote YBCI/Build Change’s mission and programs to potential donors in order to obtain new program funding.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of YBCI/ Build Change related communications in Indonesia—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger YBCI/Build Change brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner other new opportunities for YBCI.
Planning & New Business Responsibilities:
- Build new partnerships, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders in Indonesia.
- Be a presence that consistently publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of previous programs as a model for ongoing program replication in mitigation and post disaster scenarios.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Your experience includes:
- A minimum of 5 years operational experience in program development and implementation.
- An advanced University degree in program management, engineering, architecture, or disaster risk management.
- Working cohesively on multidisciplinary teams.
You are able to:
- Effectively lead performance and outcome based projects with unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Demonstrate excellent written, interpersonal communication and networking skills, with the ability to communicate complex research findings or technical content to both expert and non-technical audiences, and demonstrate project impact
- Work effectively in a team environment, and assist a developing program.
- Work under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, including some evenings and weekends, and travel as needed.
- Represent Build Change as a globally trusted expert in front of external audiences, including conferences, networks, wealth advisors, donors, and funders.
You would describe yourself as:
- Committed to the mission of providing financing for resilient housing construction and retrofitting to vulnerable communities.
- Action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative approach to project planning.
- Drama-free, optimistic, flexible, humble, patient, and having a good sense of humor.
- Pro-active, self-motivated, and able to work independently while also contributing fully as a team member.
- Fluent in both English and Bahasa Indonesia.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Then please visit www.buildchange.org/about/careers and select the link for this position. Applications will be accepted until filled. Qualified women and citizens of Build Change’s program countries are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please.