ABOUT ARGA FOUNDATION:
ARGA foundation (literal meaning of ARGA is ‘Energy unit’ and we also abbreviate it for ‘Action for Realistic Growth & Aid’) is a non-profit organization registered under the Bombay Charitable Trust Act, 1950. Based in Ahmedabad, the organization is working since early 2017 to create awareness among different social groups, policy makers and general population at large to address inequality, vulnerability and promote just development. We direct our resources toward realization of acknowledged rights for citizens who face discrimination & exclusion.
ARGA Foundation is a non-profit, non-religious and non-political organization which empowers people and mobilises resources to encourage equality and sustainable development in India. Our vision is to ensure universal coverage of true value based standard services. For further details, please refer – www.argafoundation.in, www.facebook.com/argafoundation
ARGA Foundation has launched a project titled ‘Elderly Rehab; Active Again’. The project intends to provide centre based and community based rehabilitation services (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Counseling and Family/community support) to elderly people. The project will be implemented in Chandkheda ward of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation for 1 year (possibility of extension).
The Physiotherapist, you'll need to:
- Work with elderly clients having a range of conditions, including neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory, Psychiatric etc.
- Examining the condition of clients, analyzing their needs and planning & delivering treatment; center & home based.
- Develop and review treatment programmes that encourage movement and healthy lifestyle.
- Involve & educate carers in the treatment, review and rehabilitation of clients.
- Write case studies, reports and collect statistics.
- Liaise with other team members, such as Occupational therapist, Social Worker, Psychologist to exchange information about the background and progress of clients and refer as appropriate.
- Undertake online & offline learning in geriatric care and rehabilitation approaches to keep up to date.
- Supervising and training the interns/students of OT/PT/SW.
- Help in networking, representation, promotion of services.
- Be caring, compassionate and professional at all times.
- Assist in the tasks as delegated by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Physio Therapy or Rehabilitation Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
- Computer literacy: Good at MS office, internet and other software
- Previous exposure in NGO will be preferred.
- Proven track record of dedicated therapy delivery and candidate around Chandkheda will be preferred.
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving therapy or services;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment
Languages: Fluency in Gujarati & English is required.
- Salary: A market competitive salary will be offered based on experience and skills
- Paid holiday: 24 days Annual leave + 5 days Sick leave + 10 local public holiday per year
- Working hour: Mon-Sat (09:00 am –06:00 pm) – 44 hrs/week (flexible timing) – part time engagement negotiable
- Working environment: A multidisciplinary learning oriented professional culture where you can grow.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your updated CV and a cover letter mentioning your suitability for the position via email at – email@example.com urgently. Please mention ‘Application for Physiotherapist’ in subject line.