UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, [insert tagline]
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Project Officer and in consultation with the Zonal Office Team, be responsible for the overall coordination of UNICEF’s assistance in the assigned district(s) to ensure programme convergence and synergy of services. Contribute to programme planning, administration, implementation and monitoring to ensure compliance and quality.
Major Duties and Responsibilites:
- Represent UNICEF at local level & be responsible for local level coordination, development and implementation of the Integrated District AWP to ensure programme convergence and synergy of the basic social services. Coordinate with LGI/Government/NGOs/other UN agencies to facilitate the development of evidence based bottom up plan through bottleneck analysis of the effective coverage of basic social services, mapping of the facilities/ resources to identify gaps and needs, and mobilize local level resources addressing inclusive participation of duty bearer & rights holders for the achievement of rights of children and women with focus on equity & gender and reduction of disparities.
- Undertake regular field visits to UNICEF-supported project sites for monitoring of the quality implementation of the planned activities, local conditions and provide updated information on programme/project financial and implementation status. Analyze programme/project status, recommend appropriate adjustments and take corrective status in consultation with partners and UNICEF. Prepare routine reports on results of visits and the project’s progress.
- Build and manage a repository of information/data and prepare relevant materials including PowerPoint presentations, guidance/ concept notes, reports, photographs and documents. Support the District Administration to develop and maintain a computerized data bank centrally at the district with data from the Upazilas and Unions generated through village planning exercises, resource mapping and other sources of data, including relevant government departments and NGOs to identify gaps and show progress.
- Assess the Capacity of LGIs/Government Departments/development partners/different local level committees and organizations at the assigned area. Undertake action in consultation with sectoral staff, Head of Zonal Office & BCO to develop the capacity of the partners on participatory planning to enhance community participation and ownership.
- Assess the Capacity of LGIs/Government Departments/development partners/different local level committees and organizations at the assigned area. Undertake action in consultation with sectoral staff, Divisional Coordinator & BCO to develop the capacity of the partners on participatory planning to enhance community participation and ownership.
- Facilitate the emergency preparedness process at the district and upazila levels. During an emergency, assess and collect information on the impact of emergency on women and children and advise CFO and supervisor on the recommended course of action. Closely monitor UNICEF supported interventions during and post emergency situations in the assigned district and report to BCO.
- Monitor the flow of supply and non-supply assistance to local authorities for regular and emergency programmes & the impact of supply at the end user level. Collect and record information on supply/non-supply inventory, distribution and utilization on a sample basis providing feedback as indicated through agreed upon system. Ensure that payments, cash assistance to government and supply related aspects are in accordance with plans of action. Follow-up on and monitor DCTs and ensure timely liquidation of all advances. Whenever indicated, investigate queries regarding delivery or payments or supplies and follow up with Field Operations staff and concerned section.
- Make arrangements for visits to project sites for the UNICEF officials, media, government and other partners, and provide information and briefing on project activities and status.
- Prepare human interest stories and case studies on good practices for annual reports, donor reports and other publications.
To qualify as a/an [champion or advocate] for every child you will have
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Social Science or related technical field relevant to the work of UNICEF.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in project administration, including programme planning and monitoring research and data analysis.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are
Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [ II ]
- Working with People [ II ]
- Drive for Results [ II ]
Functional Competencies (Required)
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ]
- Analyzing [ I ]
- Applying Technical Expertise [ I ]
- Learning and Researching [ II ]
- Planning and Organizing [ II ]