Norwegian Refugee Council, Afghanistan
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the job:
The finance assistant will help implement and monitor NRC’s financial management activities in Badghis Office. The finance assistant role is to assist in day to day implementation of financial responsibilities as defined.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated.
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team.
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Review the supporting documentation Purchase Request, Purchase Orders and other implementing documents and make the necessary corrections as needed regarding the project numbers, account number or other information and billing disputes.
- Verify calculations of the amounts claimed for payment and submit to the Senior Management for authorization to proceed with the payment process.
- Scan of financial documents and submit to SO for tax payment.
- Cash payments and advance clearances.
- Receiving and expending funds and maintaining accurate records of the same, with receipts.
- Maintain and update hard copy files of documents and maintain an accessible filing system for use by the office staff.
- Translation of receipts and any other finance related document.
- Prepare vouchers as requested.
- Perform office cash boxes related activities and cash transactions in multiple currencies.
- To enter all office cash transaction in the office cash boxes.
- Cash counts and computed with Bank Statement.
- Cash withdrawals from the bank.
- Copy all financial documents.
- Written correspondence as necessary.
- Public relations on finance issue.
- Maintain complete files for all pending and processed payments for audit.
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor in Economics, BBA in financial management or secondary education with specialized certification in Finance and at least 2 years’ relevant progressive experience.
- Previous work experience with specified registered organization in the same or similar functional area, preferably with UN or INGOs.
- Good in English, both written and verbal.
- Good written and spoken Dari. Good spoken English.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Creativity and willingness to try new things.
- A positive and collaborative attitude and willingness to work in a team.
- A willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Education field: Education title: Bachelor in Economics, BBA in financial management or secondary education with specialized certification in Finance
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect