The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Perform recruitment process and maintenance of staff personnel information on both hard files and ERP dynamics platforms. Works closely within support services team leader (SSTL), following the HR administration procedures of DRC, local policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation. The HR and Admin Assistant is responsible for weekly and monthly reports for shire area and country office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Maintain an up-to-date personal staff files
- Carryout recruitment process and support the SSTL in the recruitment process and onboarding/off boarding employees
- Maintain proper tracking of staff time-off in line with ERP system update and ensure utilization of time-off before yearends
- Ensure to add new staff details and location on the Shire Staff Contact list upon request from SSTL/CO HR Dept.
- Requesting, receiving and releasing office consumables such as stationery, beverages and cleaning materials for office consumption and meetings
- Maintain recruitment update and submit weekly and monthly update reports to SSTL and CO HR dept.
- Ensure vacancy adverts are announced internally and or externally in time and according to the Recruitment Authorization
- Facilitate flight booking and hotel reservation for DRC staffs and incoming/outgoing guests and
- Coordination with SC team and arrange for timely airport pickups and or drop offs for staff and guests
- Settles monthly utility and hotel expense bills
- Takes lead to review Guest House Utensils and makes consolidated requisition across all field sites
- Collaborate with supply chain officer in organizing Seminars, meetings, accommodation and other events at location.
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of one year in field of human resource and administrations in and INGO or other local
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications (Excellent computer skill)
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and stress.
- Ability to work independently on his or her own initiative with problems solving skills
- Strong team and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION: University degree in statistics, economics, social sciences or related discipline
LANGUAGE: English (fluent), knowledge of local language an advantage