The successful candidate will:
- Provide assistance on a variety of complex HR requests and follow-up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Provide support in communicating effectively with the managers and employees based in Somalia on HR initiatives and respond to internal queries.
- Identify evolving needs of WFP Somalia and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures to make the HR services more effective and field-centric.
- Support onboarding for new employees, ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service in the different field locations are explained and well understood.
- Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.)
- Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc);
- Co-ordinate the digitalization and the maintenance of digital personnel records, HR databases and archives for all employees to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Monitor medical insurance queries from employees; visit facilities under medical insurance’s network to ensure quality services and report any emerging issues
- Act as the first point of contact for developing and maintaining relationships with local universities and associations. Define a value proposition to create a balanced collaboration between WFP and external local partners.
- Build and maintain a working group with all field HR focal points to ensure regular updates and communications are shared and new processes, initiatives are applied consistently across the offices.
- Support analysis and reporting needs as necessary.
- Support with any other HR administrative tasks as the need arises.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A certificate in the related functional area (Human Resources, Psychology, Social Sciences, Administration).
Experience:Five years of experience in an HR assistant role in a multi-cultural environment.
Language: Proficiency in oral and written communication in Somali and English is a must.
• Sound understanding of key HR principles in recruitment, performance management, learning and development and engagement.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to operate in an international, multicultural environment. Track-record of excellent customer service in previous roles.
• Ability to build trust with team/employees and deal with confidential information in a professional manner.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver timely high-quality deliverables.
• Demonstrable ability to maintain HR trackers with a high level of detail-orientation. Good analysis and reporting skills.
• Proficient use of MS Office, including SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong drive and motivation.
• Flexible demeanor towards shifting tasks and responsibilities.