UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential, we are looking for a committed professional, passionate about making a lasting difference for children.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hope
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Logistics Associate in the UNICEF SOMALIA SUPPORT CENTER (USSC), the incumbent will undertake assignments in support of the smooth functioning of the warehousing operations data captured into VISION for Nairobi/Mombasa as main DC and for Field offices in capturing waybills receipt and acknowledgement.
Summary of key accountabilities:
- Assist the Logistics Associate in updating the inventory of Warehouse stock on a regular periodic basis. Prepare required periodic inventory reports on logistics and movement of stocks for reporting to programme sections.
- Monitor and control movement of all commodities entering and leaving the warehouse, and maintain daily records of those supplies in the warehouse. Ensure proper documentation for supplies received, and correct authorization on issue orders for supplies requested.
- Report all incoming and outgoing deliveries of supplies to Supervisor and report any discrepancy discovered between the manifest and physical delivery immediately.
- Ensure delivery of supplies from the warehouse is as per Issue Orders endorsed by the Logistics Specialist and/or responsible Officer in Charge (i.e. verify items ordered and quantity are correct, inspect repacking for safe delivery); ensure timely assembly and issuance of orders.
- Send PO copies to the warehouse contractor for all supplies to be received in Nairobi and Mombasa warehouses and assist in stock movement document preparation and close check with initial programme release.
- Support and back-up other staff member for stock movement document processing, processing invoices, etc.
- Provides goods status reports to concerned programme and to the logistics unit.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Diploma course in Management or Supply chain management is a plus.
- Five (5) years work experience in administrative capacity preferably in field related to warehousing data base management and logistics.
- Training in the administration of logistics and Warehouse management.
- Working knowledge of computer word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
OTHE SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to negotiate and communicate with tact.
- Incumbent must be methodical and detail-oriented.
- Good supervisory and communication skills.
- High sense of integrity.
- Good mathematical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand principles of database management.
- Ability to identify potential problems before they occur.
- Proactive in preparation and uses initiative in response.
- An excellent record keeper who keeps information up to date.
- Demonstrated capacity for self-organization.
- Computer knowledge and usage of various computer applications e.g. Excel, Access, MS Word, Powerpoint publisher, etc.
- Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.