Under the supervision of the IRC South Sudan Nutrition coordinator, the Nutrition Manager (CARB consortium Nutrition technical lead) will be responsible for the overall nutrition program and will work with the CARB consortium members to develop detailed implementation plans for the intended nutrition interventions. The Nutrition Manager will have line management responsibilities and will support the field-based nutrition officers. S/he is responsible in the implementation Nutrition sensitive intervention across all implementation area in collaboration with Consortium members ensuring that the national nutrition protocols are maintained and followed. Plan and coordinate community mobilization and health and nutrition education activities conduct regular joint supervision and organize quarterly program review meeting with partners and consortium members. S/he will be responsible in ensuring nutrition is mainstreamed in each sector
He/she will supervise the, nutrition officers, MIYCN officers, and community nutrition assistance.
Key Deliverables for the Nutrition Manger
Technical Support & Management:
- Provide technically support to the IRC nutrition staffs and CARB consortium members nutrition focal person in the county through provision of technical guidance, supervision, and support
- Prepare and conduct quarterly program performance reviews in cooperation with the Nutrition Coordinator and M&E team
- Guide and give support to assess the nutrition training needs of CARB member Staff
- Train all IRC nutrition staffs and Consortium members nutrition focal on Nutrition mainly on MIYCN and WASH
- Ensure IEC materials are cultural appropriate and messages and contextualize to address the nutrition needs
- In collaboration with M&E , develop standardize M&E tool and provide to CARB members
- Make follow up and take action on data quality issues identified by the M&E team on monthly basis
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation and monitoring of nutrition project activities in line with proposal targets and work plan timelines
- Organize quarterly nutrition program review meeting with partners and CRAB nutrition focal
- Ensure all Nutrition donor narrative reports are submitted on-time, at the required quality (level of detail, accuracy, verified etc) and in the correct template
- Review personnel issues and concerns of nutrition staff and assist with determining and implementing solutions
- Provide monthly updates on activity progress to Nutrition coordinator and NRC CARB project manager clearly showing achievements against planned activities.
Grants and Budget Management
- In collaboration with the Nutrition Coordinator, Senior Health Coordinator and the County Officers, develop expenditure plans, review Budget vs. Actual expenditure of all nutrition grant on a monthly basis and take necessary actions.
- Contribute to proposal development and donors' reporting.
- Participate in grant opening meetings, mid-term and closing meetings
- Oversee all Nutrition Budgets including budget forecasting, monitoring Budget Vs Actuals (BVA), development of spending plans (SP) and procurement plans (PP) in close collaboration with nutrition coordinator, Finance, Supply Chain Coordinators and Grants Coordinator.
- Attend all Nutrition related Grant Review and BVA meetings and produce work plans, PP, SP, Recruitment plan and Indicator Tracking Tool( ITT) for every grant.
- Submit a monthly salary mapping tool finance and support monthly cash forecast for nutrition as necessary
Representation and Advocacy:
- In coordination with the Nutrition Coordinator actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in South Sudan including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors
- Represent IRC and CARB in nutrition coordination meetings at the national or sub-national level, as required.
- Facilitate field visits for internal and CARB members, external stakeholders, when required.
- Participate in emergency preparedness and response meetings at the state level
- Provide leadership and technical support to IRC and CARB emergency Nutrition response
- Master’s degree in the following: Public health Nutrition, Public Health, Medical Doctor with good experience in Public health Nutrition/Health experience of working with health and nutrition service delivery that handles referrals, experience of managing staff.
- Working experience of at least 5 years and at least two years hands on field experience in nutrition program including work in MIYCN, WASH and CMAM program.
- Previous experience in Consortium is an asset
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision
- Should be able to plan his/her work daily
- Excellent reporting skills
- Ability to work in a remote area
- Should be a team player
- Should have good communication skills
- Should be flexible use.
Skills: Ability to work effectively and professionally in a fast-pace, insecure setting. Proven management skills within a multi-cultural team following IRC- best-practice. Ability to take initiative, be a team player and produce results. Ability to manage and coordinate a complex program in an unstable environment. Openness to accept feedback and integrate it, strong communication skills and ability to effectively work in a harsh environment. Candidate must be able to write clear and concise reports and proposals and to meet necessary deadlines. Competency in Microsoft office.