PATH, Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Support the procurement of a wide-range of goods, commodities, and services through subcontracts and purchase orders;
- Oversee project procurement and ensure compliance with PATH policies, contractual terms, US Federal Acquisition Regulations, Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR), and other applicable rules and regulations;
- Liaise with PATH Procurement Office Undertake procurement functions that include preparing specifications and solicitation documents, managing bid evaluations, drafting requests for consent for the PATH contracting officer, and overseeing vendor selection process;
- Establish forms required for procurements, contracts, and other agreements such as bid analyses and selection and negotiation memos
- Manage vendor relationships, contacts, and pre-qualifications lists
- Provide input to project procurement for financial and other reports
- Maintain procurement files (paper and electronic backup) according to policies and procedures
- Provide procurement procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for program staff;
- Coach, mentor, and train program staff on procurement policies and procedures;
- Manage procurement-related tasks in coordination with the Logistics Officer and assigned Administrative Assistants.
- Knowledge of USAID AIDAR, FAR and PEPFAR regulations and compliance measures.
- A university or equivalent degree in business administration, financial management, or other related discipline.
- Demonstrated History of Procurement Training
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated integrity and transparency in Procurement Transactions.
- Fluency in French required; English proficiency preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
- Seven year of progressively responsible procurement work experience, with at least five year experience in contracts and financial management with USAID – funded projects.
- Experience in competitive procurement of goods and services required.