Plan International, Iligan City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
The Project Coordinator leads the overall coordination of situational analysis, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and learning of the grant-funded project, Moving Urban Poor Communities Towards Resilience (Move Up) Project 5. He/She ensure adherence to donor requirements and processes are aligned to Plan’s Child-Centered Community Development Approach and integration with other Plan programs, and complies with corporate mandates. This project is for 18 months. This role will be based in Iligan City.
Further, as the Project Coordinator:
- You will lead the project planning, monitoring, and assessment with project staff and partners at the provincial and municipal levels.
- You will allocate needed resources based on the approved project proposal to facilitate project implementation in the project area.
- You will lead the enhancing of the Resilience Model of MOVE UP in Iligan and Marawi City and barangays covered by the project.
- You will lead the design and implementation of the Documentation and Learning Strategy to generate, acquire, and share lessons learned within Plan and outside Plan.
- You will represent Plan in appropriate and relevant local, debates, forums and conferences in relation to Child-centered Disaster Risk Reduction.
- This role will have two direct reports.
- Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization. In exceptional cases, you will be asked to support emergency response activities in the communities in your assigned covered areas.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
To be successful in the role you will need among other things:
- University Graduate Degree in Coastal Resource Management, Disaster Risk Management, Social Sciences, Community Development, Urban Planning/ Programming, or related courses. A Master’s degree in similar courses is an advantage.
- Preferably has had training on Community Organizing/ Community Development; Program/ Project Management; Participatory Rapid/ Rural Appraisal; Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR); Climate Change Adaptation (CCA); and, People Management.
- Minimum of three (3) years' work experience in project management, preferably on DRR or CCA-related projects. Supervisory experience is an advantage.
- Has exposure and has knowledge on education in emergencies EiE), safe school campaigns, and managing and implementing disaster recovery, rehabilitation, and risk reduction program advocacies.
- Previous work experience in a similar project or in a non-government organization/s is an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to relate to people from all backgrounds.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the Philippines without restrictions. Local applicants are preferred.