UNICEF, Bauchi, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority and the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be accountable for all or assigned areas of the following major duties and end results.
Administrative, executive assistance and secretarial support services to the head of the field office to facilitate smooth running of the Office and effective processing of information and data.
- Assists to manage the immediate office operations with respect to communications, meetings and work flow; organize matters and sort out complex subjects, and contacts, for special treatment as well as priority issues that need to be brought to the attention of head of office.
- Assist in establishing internal tracking systems and procedures for correspondence and documents; monitor work progress and cases of priority and concern to the head of office.
- Arranges appointments and maintains supervisor's calendar, receiving high ranking visitors, places and screens telephone calls and answers enquiries; Organizes high-level meetings including taking responsibility for finalization of the meeting agenda, invitations, the production and distribution of documentation, and preparation of minutes of meetings. Distribute meeting reports and information and ensure follows-up on required actions.
- Assist the supervisor to organizes and facilitates the administrative work of the office including establishing internal procedures and tracking systems for correspondence and documents: receives screens and registers correspondence and documents.
- Administrative assistance and secretarial support services to the head of field office to facilitate smooth running of the Office and effective processing of information, data and custody of documents.
Professional image projected through in-person and official interaction. Discretion exercised with confidential information and complex sensitive subject matter.
- Keeps abreast of activities of importance, latest policies, procedures and organizational changes affecting the team.
- Establishes and maintains a records management system containing reference materials and confidential records as required.
- Prepares briefing materials for supervisor concerning official trips or special meetings; drafts responses to written inquiries on a variety of routine and non-routing questions
Effective preparation and knowledgeable delivery of correspondence/communications, documentation and reports contributing to achievement of work objectives
- Assists supervisor in making transport arrangements for field mission visits for staff as per monthly travel plan and arrange for timely airport pick up and drop in respect of travelers including MOPOL transport arrangements where required. Ensure provision of MOSS compliant vehicles for protocol services.
- Contribute as required by supervisor/Administrative Assistant GS6 to linkage with Administration Unit at Abuja to make flight bookings and ensure timely issuance of flight tickets for staff members on mission. Review ticket invoices against bookings made to ensure accuracy before processing payment
- Support the Supervisor as assigned with issues regarding hotel reservation to meet office and partners' needs, works closely with team colleagues and provides support in achievement of work priorities and objectives.
- Contribute to establishment of follow-up system of actions taken and reports to the supervisor.
Well managed and effective office operations, systems and procedures that facilitate team work and the work of the office.
- Verifies that the work is done in accordance with corporate standards and within established deadlines; monitors work progress and cases of priority and concern to the supervisor.
- Works closely with team colleagues and provides support in achievement of work priorities and objectives.
- Undertakes any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Proper records and documents well maintained in the field office
- Maintains records and confidential documents in the field office.
- Maintain auditable filing system of all the financial documents ensuring that they are filed sequentially, month by month and are duly organized in clearly labelled subject files.
- Operations of delivery of administrative support services on travel & missions are timely and effectively provided.
- Completion of Secondary School Education preferable High School Diploma, and business courses or other relevant disciplines
- Five (5) years of experience in general office and administrative support or secretarial duties. Ability to organise meetings and events
- IT Skills – Computer literacy and the ability to effectively use standard office software tools and other office technology to create documentation, exchange and archive e-mail, and maintain electronic filing systems.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of another UN language and local working language of the duty station, an asset.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=497943