Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Principle Security Advisor and the Chief Security Officer (CSO), the Administrative Associate assists in the overall management of administrative services, administers and executes processes and transactions ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
The functions/duties/ key results of this job description are generic and not all duties are carried out by all Administrative Associates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary of key functions:
- Support to ensure, implementation of operational strategies
- Efficient administrative support
- Support to supply and assets management
- Support to administrative and financial control
- Support to common services
- Coordination of Registry and Receptionist functions
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UNDSS/UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plan
- Prompt service delivery
Ensures efficient administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Processing of the request for direct payment (RDP) requests, checking supporting documents for accuracy and ensure disbursement of the same.
- Assisting UNDP administered staff in preparation of vouchers (F10) over-time, Rest and Recreation (R&R), DSA., travel authorization, verifies them before reimbursement.
- Organization and coordination of shipments and customs clearance
- Coordination of travel arrangements. Performing a Buyer role in Atlas for preparation of POs for travel and other administrative expenses.
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation. Preparation of POs.
- Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats, seminars, training or day celebration events
- Coordination of DSA, travel agencies, and other administrative surveys, surveys for organization of common services.
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters.
- Supervision of cleaning services.
- Coordination of transportation services, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and certifying of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Prompt reporting and investigation of cases of vehicle accidents, damage, loss or theft of items; update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports
- Ensure finance, logistics and HR files are up to date and well organized, both electronic and hard copies
- Work on ad-hoc tasks as required by senior management
Provides support to proper supply and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Coordination of assets management in the CO, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports.
- Maintain the integrity of the data and archiving procedure
- Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies
- Provide inputs on development and implementation of supply and services, draft statement of work
Provides support for effective administrative and financial control in the office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Confirmation of availability of funds prior to review by supervisor; creation of vendor set-up information in Atlas;
- Maintenance of data integrity in the database, control programme; analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions when necessary.
- Coordination of common premises/services cost-recovery arrangements.
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities.
- Provision of the information for the audit.
Ensures proper common services focusing on achievement of the following result: Maintenance of common services/office space management to ensure integrated activities on common services and implementation of the UN reform.
Coordinates implementation of Registry and Receptionist functions, supervises Registry Clerk and Receptionist, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of efficient general reception and information services.
- Provision of reliable registry services.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of staff on the administrative procedures
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
Impact of Results:
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the unit. Accurate analysis and presentation of information thoroughly researched, and fully documented work strengthens the capacity of the office and facilitates subsequent action by the supervisor. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education: Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable. University Degree in Business or Public Administration are preferable.
- 5 to 6 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Previous work experience in the UN system will be an added advantage
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is essential
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.