UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, commitment
Under the supervision and guidance of the Operations Manager in LACRO, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for executing a broad variety of routine tasks and some specialized for the respective section, requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Monitors administrative services implementation against established milestones and makes recommendations to improve performance.
- Facilitates the processing of contracts for administrative services of the section. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TORâ€™s and all relevant supporting document in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements.
- Establishes and maintains the office filing and reference systems, both traditional and digital; and ensures the inter/intra-net websites are up to date and accurate.
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Facilitates on time travel arrangements related to entitlements based on the organization's rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal point to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in VISION.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating inventory of items.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Effective use of Word, Excel and Power Point and knowledge of SAP system is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and good working knowledge of English required.