UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace, and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
Under direct supervision of Operations Analyst and overall supervision of Country Representative, the Administrative Assistant supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality, and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the programme and projects staff and the Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas, identity cards and other documents, collect information for DSA, as required;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provide administrative support to property management;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
Provide administrative support to office and assets management
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution, as required;
- Maintain records on assets management and prepare required reports;
- Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance;
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas and prepare Purchase Orders;
- Prepare Request for Quotations, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
Provide administrative support to the implementation of Human Resources services
- Create and upload vacancy announcement, compile matrixes, organize interview panels, and other tasks, as assigned;
- Maintain staffing lists and reports, as required;
- Perform the duties of Leave Monitor.
Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Facilitate trainings for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Provide monthly progress report on main work areas of;
- General administrative and logistical support to the Office
- Administrative support to office and assets management
- Administrative support to the implementation of Human Resources services
- Administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Arabic, and French are required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.