Do you want to build a career that is full of meaning and impact? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most.
The Manufacturing, Agribusiness & Services (MAS) Industry Group plays an important role in supporting IFC’s strategic priorities, covering investments in the manufacturing, agribusiness and services (i.e. health and education plus tourism, retail and property) sectors. MAS’ sectors play a critical role in providing goods and services to consumers; addressing core needs, creating jobs, contributing to government revenue and stimulating growth. In IFC’s client countries, these sectors can account for as much as 80% of overall economic activity in a given country.
MAS ECA is seeking to recruit 2 Associate Officers to work in IFC’s Vienna office. The positions will call for sourcing and executing new investment transactions in the Manufacturing, Agribusiness, Tourism/Retail/Property and Health/Education sectors in ECA, and for portfolio supervision.
Specific responsibilities will include assisting evaluation, structuring, negotiating and closing new transactions. He/ she will also assist in portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in evaluating, structuring, negotiating, and closing new transactions, and in portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
- Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for straightforward transactionsParticipate or lead negotiations as appropriate; use financial competences and personal influencing skills to overcome impasses and lead negotiations to a successful outcomeWork with senior staff to develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunitiesCoordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients' businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impactIdentify and evaluate opportunities to increase the social development impact of new or portfolio projects
- MBA or equivalent qualification5+ years of experience in finance with a proven track-record in areas of sourcing, structuring and closing investments and/or supervising loan and equity exposures including working on restructurings, modifications and negotiated exits
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity)Demonstrated knowledge of industries, industry trends and opportunities in the sub-region countries, and understanding of local issues
- Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on client’s needs effectively
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as government officials
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in French or another European language will be advantageous – still, excellent English will be the key decision factor
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
- Ability to mentor analysts/other more junior staffGenuine commitment to sustainable development and to highest ethical standardsWillingness to travel extensively