Business Support Assistant
World Food Programme, Mbabane, Swaziland
Closing Date for Applications:
- To deliver standard business support processes for the Country Office Logistics operations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office, direct supervision by the Senior Logistics Associate, the Business Support Assistant (Logistics Operations) will be responsible for the following:
- To provide support to the designof the trainings to be provided to CPs and WFP-contracted Transporters.
- To work closely with the CO M&E team to ensure that all CO KPIs are adhered to by all engaged CPs and Transporters.
- Monitor the conformity of the field works (trainings, field visits, meeting,etc) with the standards of WFP, and as per the agreed activity planned as sipulated in contracts and FLAs.
- To support in the technical evaluation of the Logistics systems (using contracted Transporters and using CPs), give a detiled analysis of an efficient system to be used by WFP.
- In liaison with colleagues at the WFP warehouse, CO and engaged CPs, ensure timely deliveries of commodities to all FDPs.
- Inform and document anomalies and the challenges carried out during the implementation phase of the CO ativities with emphsis on crisis response.
- Povide support to logistics operations and activities, following WFP Logistics standard processes and facilitating directly or indirectly the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Establish reports based on logistics movements and distribute them according to requirements.
- Liaise with contracted transporters to ensure timely cargo uplift as per loadimg instructions.
- Work closely with Programme and colleagues at the warehouse to ensure efficient pipeline information is shared informing CO management on possible pipeline breaks.
- Receive request (FRN) to prepare Landside Transport Purchase Order (TPO). Assess if submitted request is properly compiled and is authorized for action.
- Timely forward TPos for approval to relavant Officers for approval and releases in system. When all releases are done, communicate within Logistics Unit to ensure subsequent steps are on time.
- Capture waybills (OBDs) for planned dispatches as per received FRN and start shipment.
- Receive OBDs after delivery of commodities at FDPs.
- Any other related duties.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education.
- Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in Logistics related operations.
- Language: Fluency in Siswati and English
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in Logistics operations dealing with deliveries to multiply destinations.
- Experience in working with various transporters, and NGO’s on commodity delivery
- Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in managing an operation involving warehouses with food and NFIs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is a local position for Swazi nationals only.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- WFP does not charge any fees from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.