The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders performing front office management functions typically report to the Deputy Directors or Head of Offices. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of business support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to more junior colleagues.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support the Head of Unit in liaising with Field Security Officers (FSOs) and Local Security Assistants (LSAs) to collect, organize, and present information on WFP Syria’s level of compliance with security measures and procedures including: the implementation status of Security Risk Management Measures (SRMM), implementation status of Security Assessment Mission (SAM) and Audit recommendations.
- On delegation of the Head of Unit, act as the Focal Point for consolidating and sharing Aviation Risk
- Management Safety ratings and authorisations for commercial airlines.
- Liaise with the Syria Security team to notify on the preparation of the weekly report and ensure that all security reports (Daily, Weekly, Quarterly and ad hoc) are uploaded to the security dash-board on a monthly basis.
- Support the Head of Unit in liaising with FSOs and LSAs to consolidate security incident reports and reflect incident data in an Incident Tracking System and Dashboard.
- Manage security mailing and distribution lists.
- Act as the focal point for Women Security Awareness Trainings (WSAT) including identifying and reporting on training requirements and, liaising with WSAT trainers to make necessary arrangements to conduct trainings.
- Liaise with WFP Syria Human Resources Unit to consolidate records of mandatory trainings for staff.
- Act as the Focal Point for Procurement, including the creation of Purchase Requisitions, Goods Receipt Notes, Service Entry Sheets on WINGS and manual PRs.
- In liaison with the Finance Unit, prepare and present to the Head of Unit budget allocation, utilization and expenditure analysis of the Security Unit.
- Assist in preparing travel and admin related materials for the Security Officers.
- Take dictation and/ or draft correspondence on a variety of subject matters, ensuring that spelling, punctuation, and format are correct; type correspondence, documents, and reports, some of this communication are highly confidential.
- In charge of the Leaves, Attendance, Stationary, Uniform & Logistics orders.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Desirable : University degree in Busniess Administration or a field related to management / adminsitration .
- Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in administration or business management.
Desirable functional Skills:
- Knowledge of WFP administrative rules and procedures
- Knoweldge and working experience of the United nations Security Magement System
- Familairiry with data sciences and analytics or Management Information Systems is a distinct advantage.
- Expertise in the use of MS Excel
WFP is dedicated to promoting and maintaining the highest degree of physical, mental and social wellbeing of all staff members. Accordingly, it seeks to offer a safe and healthy working environment focusing on balancing the professional and personal demands of its personnel of all contract types and thus WFP offers flexible working options.