Child Protection Officer
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The Child Protection Officer reports to the Child Protection Specialist for supervision. The Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for child protection programs/projects within the Country Program from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program tasks to facilitate program development, implementation, program progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities are:
- Support to program development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- An advanced University Degree in international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, law or other social science field;
- A minimum of 2 (two) years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and/other closely related areas is required; Additional years of work experience directly related to protection of most deprived and marginalized children and women is an asset;
- Relevant experience in child protection system building, addressing all forms of violence against children (online and offline), strengthening alternative childcare systems is an asset;
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage;
- Fluency in verbal and written Albanian and English, with a particular focus on the quality of analytical writing in both languages;
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications;
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
What to submit:
- A cover letter expressing your interest on the position;
- An updated CV;
- Proof of academic qualifications;
- Internal candidates are required to submit last two Performance Evaluation Reports (PER).