United Nations Development Programme, Mopti, Mali
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
UNDP Mali has developed a new cooperation framework for 2020-2024 (CPD) which is aligned with the government priorities defined in the new national development framework (CREDD 2019-2024) and which is in line with its priorities. It aims to provide strategic responses in the areas of democratic governance and the rule of law, conflict prevention, economic growth, adaptation to climate change and inclusive sustainable development, in accordance with the Strategic Plan 2018-2022 of the UNDP, to the United Nations
Duties and Responsibilities
Place and hierarchical relationships:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Mopti Office Manager and the general supervision of the Communication Officer will assist the Country Office communication team in the implementation of the UNDP Mali communication strategy focused on UNDP results. . He / she will work on:
- Actively contribute to the positioning and visibility of the achievements of UNDP in Mali, more particularly the office in Mopti;
- Develop and implement the Mopti office communication plan;
- Contribute to the implementation of the communication strategy and the UNDP communication plan in Mali;
- In collaboration with the field team, promote the mandate and activities of UNDP at the local level;
- Write human stories and concrete success stories for the UNDP website and other social media by collecting testimonials;
- Collect information from implemented projects and assess their informative value and potential impact;
- Develop relationships with local, national and international media for media coverage of UNDP activities, reports, press briefings and interviews;
- Organize events to promote the achievements of UNDP;
- Format information documents that testify to the impact and results of UNDP (films, videos, files, brochures, leaflets, reports, etc.);
- Prepare official briefings, talking points, speeches, statements and presentations, as required;
- Contribute to the facilitation and updating of external and internal digital communication platforms such as the UNDP and United Nations country team website, Assist in the development and implementation of '' a digital content strategy and contributes to the development of key communication and promotion products;
- Support the office in its efforts to strengthen partnership and resource mobilization by highlighting the results obtained with the support of UNDP and its partners through the appropriate tools;
- Participate in joint activities involving UNDP, UN agencies and MINUSMA.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Masters / Masters or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in communication (with Masters / Masters or equivalent).
- A good command of French;
- A good knowledge of English is required.