The purpose of this job is to provide research and specialized communication services that support the creation of content and services (with a particular focus on graphic design) aimed at maintaining and enhancing WFP’s visibility and reputation, mindful of WFP’s gender transformative agenda, and supporting fundraising and donor-related activities fir the Country Office’s humanitarian portfolio. This includes ensuring the implementation and adherence to existing graphic guidelines; layout of reports and publications in English, Kinyarwanda and the development of new graphic solutions.
WFP Rwanda Country Office is building a strong partnership with media, national and local government, civil society and other development partners. To pursue this, the Country Office publishes a wide range of material. WFP Rwanda requires a Graphic Designer Communications Associate to help the office meet its growing need for quality design products. The function will provide technical support to the External Partnerships and Communication (EPC) unit in designing WFP publications and contribute to the development and improvement of the design, branding and layout of materials produced by WFP. It will ensure that Country Office’s products and reports are following WFP’s graphic guidelines, provide the best possible functionality and usability to WFP partners and contribute to the overall branding process.
This position will be based in WFP Rwanda, Kigali Country Office and the job holder will work under the general supervision of the WFP Rwanda Head of External Partnerships and Communication Unit. At this level, the Communication Associate will be expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Perform specialised communications processes and activities, to support staff in the development, preparation, execution and dissemination of campaigns for target audiences.
- Conduct research, suggest ideas, and provide coordination support to ensure the timely and effective delivery of video/film, photographic and radio projects. Manage the storage and distribution of audio/visual materials in accordance with relevant policies.
- Develop and maintain graphic and reporting content and templates to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
- Serve as an information focal point, support and/or coordinate media coverage of events to optimise publicity of WFP’s activities Organise and execute special events, working closely with colleagues, external partners and media, to ensure events are effectively scheduled, publicised and attended.
- Monitor traditional and social media and report relevant information to senior staff to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies.
- Under guidance, prepare content for use on traditional and social media platforms and networks, and printed materials, including infographics to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
- Distribute and promote communications guidelines for WFP staff to refer to when creating content.
- Manage updates and further develop internal records and databases, ensuring information is accurate, organised and available for others to access.
- Respond to specialised queries and requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in order to provide an aligned, coherent service, and to identify opportunities to collaborate/integrate processes and activities.
- Implement improvements to communications methods and practices, to contribute to a better flow of information about WFP’s work to the media and stakeholders.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, graphic design, political science, or any other related field
- Language: Very good level of written and spoken English. Fluency in Kinyarwanda.
- Experience: At least five years of work experience in communications, journalism and/or graphic design related field.