Norwegian Refugee Council, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure the understanding of NRC Lebanon’s advocacy, media and communications strategy, and programmes as well as maintaining NRC Lebanon’s photo database.
- Deliver clearly set-out objectives to fulfil strategic advocacy and programme goals.
- Boost NRC Lebanon’s social media and web presence on NRC’s regional and global platforms.
- Prepare and develop daily media summaries and monitor media and social media.
- Assist with media relations by building NRC’s digital and media resources.
- Contribute to storytelling that puts refugees’ voices out front.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the media function.
- Carry out related mainstreaming of protection in programme daily implementation as per the set NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines, and ensure reporting any breaches/concerns to the line manager for proper action.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Write and submit social media content to NRC’s regional and global offices from Lebanon that emphasize refugees’ perspectives, voices, and experiences.
- Produce and design digital resources for social media use, such as Memes, factsheets, banners, posters, and other contributions as well as liaising with external suppliers to produce materials.
- Visit field programmes on a regular basis to collect quality photographs, videos, testimonies and write stories about refugees in Lebanon, for external and internal use.
- Scan Arabic and English-language media for material relevant to refugees and humanitarian issues in Lebanon and shares with NRC Lebanon senior staff on a daily basis.
- Develop and implement a social media plan for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media channels, ensuring proper implementation and follow up in coordination with the Communications Manager.
- Content gathering to produce and develop videos and infographics in accordance with NRC’s global style and brand guidelines.
- Coordinate with both the regional and the head office communications teams.
- Manage and coordinate content from media focal points in NRC’s field offices
- Translate required documents relevant to the advocacy and information department
- Support the Communications Manager with any other communications related tasks.
- Bachelor degree in Journalism, Media, or Communications or other related discipline.
- 1-2 year of experience in a similar role, preferably in a humanitarian context/sector
- Photography, videography, infographic, design and editing skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proficiency in English and Arabic
- Coping with change
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Working with people