World Food Programme(WFP), Ankara, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
- Provide coordination, administrative and specialized services, to support staff in the development, preparation and execution of communications campaigns for target audiences.
- Monitor and coordinate materials, schedules, facilities and clearances, and provide support for special events, and video/film, photographic and radio projects.
- To manage and co‐ordinate, with guidance, the Communications Unit’s procurement activities, working closely with the Procurement Unit to ensure compliance with WFP guidelines
- Conduct clearly defined research and prepare reports and provide data that enables informed decision‐making.
- Monitor traditional and social media and report relevant information to senior staff to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies.
- Under clear guidance, prepare content for traditional and social media platforms and networks, and printed materials, to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities, ensuring consistency
- with corporate messages and standards.
- Distribute communications guidelines for WFP staff to refer to when creating content.
- Manage and maintain records and databases, such as journalist and media outlet contact lists, to ensure the information is accurate, organized and readily available for others to access.
- To manage and oversee the ordering, storage and distribution of visibility items for WFP and its donors
- Respond to a variety of queries and requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries.
- Liaise with WFP staff and the media in a timely manner, to support aligned activities and an effective approach to communications within WFP.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post‐secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- 2 Year in relative experience
Desired Experience for Entry to the role:
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform routine communication techniques and activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad‐hoc guidance to new staff members
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, and Turkish
Nationality and Residency
- The applicant should be either a Turkish national or have a valid Turkish residence permit at the time of application.
How to Apply:
- Applications must be submitted online
- Application procedures: 1. To view the job description and apply to this vacancy please go to: http://irecruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/16‐0021795, 2. Create your online CV, 3. Click on “Apply” to submit your application (please note that you must complete step two in order for your application to be properly submitted).
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only candidates who are short‐listed will be contacted