United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Colombo, Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Function/ Expected Results: Support to formulation and implementation of communications and advocacy strategies, support to business development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure that the programme and donor-funded project reporting processes are systematized, consistent with the results framework and quality checks done;
- Assist in developing and maintaining information systems that will ensure maximum transparency to beneficiary clients, communities, Government and donors, concerning the implementation of projects, its status and development of the community;
- Extraction of data from various sources & maintenance of information database and photo library;
- Collection of information, preparation of content for the web sites;
- Collaboration with Field Project Specialist (FPS) on project annual work plans in line with UNDP corporate guidelines on the communications strategy;
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources;
- Review of translations, contacts with printers and other suppliers to ensure timely production;
- Undertake field visits as appropriate, to document implementation of project activities with the ‘communications lens’ to ensure visibility and sharing of best practices;
- In coordination with the supervisor, development and preparation of material for marketing and awareness-raising including briefing materials and press releases;
- Develop clear and concise reports and power-point presentations for various meetings, workshops, conferences, including the Project Board meeting and donor briefings.
Function/ Expected Results: Support to ensure that information and data from the field is captured, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Preparation, production and dissemination of both routine and complex outreach products (project briefs, news releases, articles, power-point presentations , brochures, Q & As, websites, talking points, etc.,) that promote the strategic and timely flow of information and key messages about the GLED/SDDP products and results for internal and external users;
- Coordinate the timely submission of progress reports by FPS and assists with data entry, and the preparation of charts, graphs, and progress reports;
- Provide information and inputs on the programme to the UNDP communications and public relations focal point through the established channels;
- Undertake periodic field visits to partner local stakeholders to provide advice and guidance to the outreach and visibility components and share knowledge and best practices;
- Work closely with all programme staff of GLED/SDDP programme to prepare and present reports/papers, with a focus on maximizing the visibility of the programme .
Function/ Expected Results: Support to Maintenance of websites, databases, visibility and knowledge management systems focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Develop success stories and case studies and prepare knowledge products;
- Assistance in synthesis and dissemination of lessons learnt across Project Offices and PIU as needed, and provide substantive analysis of field results, lessons learnt and best practice for dissemination to a wider audience, including the donor community
- Assist in developing communication objectives and communication plans, identify users and the best forms of communication to maximize outreach and visibility;
- Assist in preparing Project proposals and budgets with information from the field.
- Preparation of contents for the web sites ensuring consistency of the material;
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Maintenance of other web sites and databases as assigned.
Function/ Expected Results: Report on project progress both qualitatively and quantitatively according to the annual work plans and log frame of various projects focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Collaborate with Field Project Officers on the preparation of annual work plans, log frames and M&E plans at the field level;
- Under the overall guidance of the Programme Manager (GLED/SDDP), report against the annual work plan and log frame matrix on agreed formats, and ensure that Field Offices prepare monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reports;
- Ensure the timely submission of required reports by implementing partners under the overall guidance of the Programme Manager (GLED/SDDP);
- Document human stories that illustrate the impact of GLED/SDDP projects on an agreed regular basis, as per overall guidance from Programme Manager (GLED/SDDP);
- Participate in, support to record and prepare reports on needs assessments under the overall guidance of the Programme Manager (GLED/SDDP);
- Support the identification and documentation of links, synergies, lessons learnt and best practices across projects that can be useful in the institutional learning process and increasing the results of projects.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in communications, journalism, development studies, social sciences or a multi-disciplinary area relevant to the terms of reference.
- OR An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered in the absence of a Master’s Degree.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written English communication skills, along with Tamil and/or Sinhala.
- Tri-lingual candidates would have an advantage.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=4675