The World Food Program (WFP) is the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger in the world. WFP works for a world where every man, woman and child has permanent access to enough food for a healthy and active life.
This position is based in the country office of the World Food Program in Mali. The incumbent of this position will be under the supervision of the FINANCE ADMINISTRATION Head.
At this level, it is expected that the incumbent will be responsible for completing a range of funding and budget processes and activities that require some interpretation of the standard guidelines practices. The incumbent is able to recommend an action plan to staff at various levels.
Support the effective delivery of financial, budgetary and administrative support services to facilitate the transparent and efficient use of financial resources.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not exhaustive)
- Assist in providing procedural and technical support to staff and other units in the areas of finance and budget to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitor monthly spending forecasts and provide expense reports to facilitate clear decision-making.
- Monitor subscriber accounts and petty cash accounts regularly to ensure adequate funds are available and properly disbursed.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures to ensure suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP's financial rules and regulations.
- Help gather information from various sources to prepare reports on budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
- Collect, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and report any discrepancies or inaccuracies to the supervisor and follow corrective action.
- Perform administrative tasks related to the monitoring and recording of capital assets, fuel consumption and spare parts for vehicles and generators, to ensure that databases are maintained. day with accuracy.
ADDITIONAL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the online registry for all invoices and transfers of payments and record paperwork to ensure that all documents are retained and filed in accordance with WFP standards and guidelines.
- Track and record all expenditures in accordance with the approved budget to ensure that correct expense costs are billed and that payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other vendor invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Provide advice and training to other support staff to ensure that services are provided in a consistent and compliant manner
MAJOR ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Mission: Understand and communicate the strategic objectives: Develop the team in the most effective way to communicate WFP's strategic objectives to the WFP team and partners in the field; Be a force for positive change: Implement new methods or tools to improve the team's work processes for better productivity;
- Team: Look for ways to build people's skills: Identify skills development skills such as training modules or workplace experiences for oneself, colleagues and direct reports; Create an Inclusive Culture: Facilitate team building activities to build rapport in your own unit; Develop and provide constructive feedback
- Performance: Encourage innovation and creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in one's own work and help the team be more innovative and specific in their respective tasks and areas of work; Focus on getting results: Monitor the team's expected results and provide feedback to ensure results are consistently and accurately delivered; Make commitments and respect them
- Partnership: Connect and share among WFP units: Facilitate partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish field missions; Build Strong External Partnerships: Set an example and provide advice to the team on how to build relationships with external partners.
Internal control and compliance
Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management and monitoring mechanisms, as well as their applicability to WFP's critical activities.
Performance Budgeting, Analysis and Reporting
Demonstrates participation in business planning efforts by developing baseline budgets and forecasts at the project level, incorporating information from various sources, as appropriate, to monitor KPIs.
- Resource Management: Demonstrates the ability to track and compile reports on HQ and field staff and resource utilization at the project level.
- Financial Management & Accounting Principles: Apply knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures and accounting standards
- Supply chain and operational knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of WFP's program principles, implementation and supply chain (including project modalities and structures).
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: High school diploma or bachelor's degree in finance, budget and related fields. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable
- Language : Fluency in oral and written communication in French is mandatory. Knowledge of English is an asset.
- Have 4 years of experience in finance and budget.
- Have experience gathering and monitoring financial data on projects and programs, assessing health and financial status, and reporting results to executives
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Very attractive salary
- 2.5 working days of annual leave per month
- Maternity / paternity leave
- Sick leave
- 10 public holidays in the year
- Affiliation to the united nations pension fund
- Medical insurance for staff and their direct dependents