WorldFish, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- The accountant will provide project accounting support to WorldFish’ Financial Management team in the following areas:
- Provide project budgeting and donor reporting support for bilateral projects at country offices/hubs in Asia and Asia-Pacific regions.
- Ensure that country offices/hubs adhere to accounting practices, according to donors, WorldFish and the CGIAR standards.
- Review all fund requests from country offices/hubs (including bank reconciliation statements).
- Work closely with Treasury to ensure timely disbursement of funds for operations in the field.
- Ensure proper accounting entries are made in the system, especially on request for advances from donors.
- Ensure actual billings to donors are made on a timely basis (after sales orders are approved in system).
- Work closely with Treasury to match in-coming funds from donors to donor billings.
Project Management & Budgeting:
- Support Teams to book/report the financial implications of FTE revisions in the system.
- Provide Project Leaders with reports/analysis on expenses/spending, cost recovery and forecasts, and facilitate cross-charging between projects, where needed.
- Ensure all project expenses are booked/posted before the month-end overhead program run.
- Ensure project closure is well-coordinated and planned, and that all closure steps are adhered to e.g. final billings, expense posted in the system.
- Facilitate donor audits/reviews and ensure that donor reporting timelines are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/economics and professional accounting qualification (ACCA/MIA/CPA).
- Candidates without professional accounting qualification (ACCA/MIA/CPA) will be considered for junior position (assistant and officer level) within finance team.
- At least 3 years of accounting and/or audit experience, preferably work experience in multi-national firms.
- Possess competency in the following areas: financial accounting & reporting (using an integrated accounting system such as Oracle, SAP or Agresso), management/performance reporting (using advanced Microsoft Excel functionalities) and supervisory skills (e.g. team lead, audit senior).
- Proficient in both in written and spoken English.
- A good team player, pro-active and able to work independently.
- Demonstrate record of inter-disciplinary, partnership building, and the desire to work in a collaborative, international environment.