United Nations Development Programme, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
UNDP in Sri Lanka is reorganizing internally and moving to an integrated collaborative business model. Internally, an energetic and innovative team will converge around the planning, design, implementation and quality assurance of an integrated programme in a fast-paced environment. Fostering strategic partnership and alliances with different stakeholders will require a team which consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude and has a strong client orientation. Strong UN partnerships are valued for Delivering Together in a true spirit of collaboration and teamwork.
Post Context: Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Analyst, the intern will be expected to provide support to the Human Resources Team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Human Resources Team with
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table.
- Maintenance of proper filing system for HR records and documents. In addition, incumbent is expected to provide additional support in this regard to administrative processes in the CO.
- Support HR team in expediting the recruitment processes
- Administrative support to learning activities, workshops, retreats especially when related to HR matters.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Proactive (able to pro-actively undertake tasks that fall under TORs)
- Team Player
- Excellent writing skills
- Quick learner
- Good computer skills
- Polite and outgoing
Required Skills and Experience
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (Masters degree or equivalent, or higher); in the field of Human Resource Management , Business Administration or equivalent;
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.