Information Management Officer
United Nations Children's Fund, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- The post aims to manage the collection, analysis and sharing of information that is important for the Sector stakeholders consisting of implementing and programme partners, donors and government representatives to make informed (evidence-based) strategic decisions. The Information Management Officer (IMO) works with the Nutrition Sector Coordinator and partners to ensure the sector performs its core functions described in the IASC Sector Coordination Reference Module, IASC, July 2015. Being a member of the IMO network under the ISCG, the nutrition sector IMO supports the overall humanitarian programme in Cox's Bazar, collaborates with UN, international and Bangladeshi information management specialists and guides them through the ISCG reporting and data management system.
- Simultaneously, the IMO for the nutrition sector is connected with the national nutrition cluster team in Dhaka and provides the required information for the national reporting system. The IMO must also understand the basics of the humanitarian nutrition programme (SPHERE standards for the nutrition cluster) and point the changes in the common trends.
- The IMO - Nutrition must maintain the partnership, cooperation, coherence and timely information and data exchange with all sector stakeholders, including donors and government institutions. He or she has to be closely familiar with experience in the daily application of humanitarian principles.
Below are the summary of core sector functionality:
- Supporting service delivery/outputs
- Informing strategic decision-making of the HC/HCT for the humanitarian response
- Monitoring and reporting the implementation of the sector strategy and results
- Training and capacity building of State/Sub-national Sector Focal Points, national and/or sub-national sector partners, Sub-National /local authorities and civil society.
- Kindly refer to the attached JD for the details - JD IM.docx
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- Completed Bachelor's degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Computer Science, Media or Social Sciences or any discipline related to Information Management from an accredited educational institution or equal experience.
- Minimum of two years professional experience in Information Management, including experience in emergency humanitarian operations.
- Knowledge of, UN System and NGO humanitarian community.
- Fluency in spoken and written Bangla and English.