FHI 360, Lilongwe, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles basic support of hardware, applications and operating systems, technical consultation and networking.
- Serves as a productive project team member by completing assigned tasks.
- Performs software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified.
- Working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Understands basic operation of functional units.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Demonstrates ownership of customer issues and independently seeks solutions.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature.
- Has ability to recognize situations that deviate from accepted practice and seeks managerial advice prior to acting.
- Manage and collaborate with third party suppliers where appropriate and ensure that vendor performance and provision of services and quality is in line with FHI 360 expectations that enable FHI 360 to meet or exceed service levels.
- Responsible for the optimal operation of all office devices and end user computing environments hardware, peripherals, which directly support and help manage the end user computing environment.
- Support organizational wide priorities by ensuring optimal support and timely resolution of incidents
- Collaborates with US Int’l ISS Operations and US Technology Teams for new technology project delivery and implementation
- Must speak and write fluent English
- Basic understanding of Information Technology industry practices.
- Solid knowledge and experience with incident management and operations services tools and systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite 2010, 2013, Windows 7, Exchange 2010/2013, Active Directory. Basic knowledge of Cisco routers/switches and other networking devices. A willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Skills in oral and written communication. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate through assignments and routines.
- 3-5 years of experience providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software OR installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment.
- Minimum Diploma in an IT/Computer related field (Degree preferred), or equivalent.
- Vendor and specialized industry training will be added advantage