The MEL Coordinator will work closely with the MEL Adviser to support the Sudan programme to articulate the
changes that it aims to bring about through its work, support staff and partners on MEL, implement organisational
systems and processes to collective evidence of results, and share learning with Saferworld, partners and other
Roles and Responsibilities
With the MEL Adviser, support in developing and implementing the MEL system/processes for the Sudan programme, including effective data gathering and record keeping.
- Refine and update log-frames as required and use them to track progress.
- Record, report and analyse MEL information, using Saferworld’s central system (KWANTU) and activity
- sheets/other tools.
- Support the development and implementation of a programme-level MEL framework and procedures, and
- oversee a system for recording MEL-related data.
- Ensure that programme participants’ and partners’ views and needs are met by making our MEL system
- as participatory as possible.
Support in all MEL activities, including the bi-annual outcome harvesting workshops, and assist the team to produce reports, change stories, learning outcomes, and donor reports and briefings.
- Undertake regular visits to programme locations to support data collection by staff and partners, and
- identify improvements to current MEL and project practices.
- Coordinate and co-facilitate bi-annual outcome harvesting workshops, and collate and upload outcomes
- into KWANTU.
- Support the development and implementation of baseline studies and evaluations (internal and external),
- in close collaboration with the Sudan MEL Adviser and the Programme Support and Learning team in
- Work closely with the MEL Advisor, Programme team and Grant manager to produce quarterly narrative
- reports for project donors and brief donors on progress.
- Work closely with the Policy and Advocacy Coordinator to link programme results to our advocacy work
- Work closely with the MEL Adviser, Sudan team and Communications Coordinator on the identification of
- case studies and lessons learned and contribute to the dissemination of those lessons and best practices
- within the Sudan programme and its partners, and across the organisation.
Strengthen the MEL capacity of Saferworld and partner staff.
- With the MEL Adviser, identify training priorities of Saferworld and partner staff.
- Support in organising and delivering training for staff and partners in MEL skills, including participatory
- approaches to MEL.
- Support the development of MEL processes, tools and plans for staff and partners, working closely with
- the MEL Adviser.
- Train programme staff and partners in using KWANTU.
Build and maintain effective relationships, ensuring regular liaison and information sharing with other parts of Saferworld;
- Develop and maintain positive working relations and regular meetings with project partners
- Represent Saferworld at external meetings and promote lessons learnt from Saferworld’s work.